• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Journey Into Mystery Appreciation Thread
10 10

1,860 posts in this topic

Show them the 9.0 copy of JIM #83, Roy!

Meanwhile, only a day left in the current Clink auction, and my copies of JIM #83 are still below my cost. Is there a sweating smiley, or a nail biter smiley? :eek:

I know many of you are sick of hearing about Captain America, but did anyone else like the reference by the Red Skull (Hugo Weaving FTW) to the Cosmic Cube being from Odin's treasure vault?

Who knew that a gag placement of a version of Cap's shield in Iron Man would become this interlaced through line for all of the subsequent films?

I need to go watch Thor and Captain America again...

Picked up a JIM #84 CGC 9.0 to go with my JIM #83 CGC 9.0

I'm on the fence about keeping the JIM #83 9.0 for a while seeing as how purdy they look together.

:devil:

I have to admit that you just made me gasp. A 9.0 copy of JIM 84?!

People keeping score at home can tell you that the last time a copy in that condition changed hands publicly was on Heritage in 2002!

Was it one of the old label copies, or did one of the CGC resubmissions get bumped up? Pictures, man!

(Oh and btw, congratulations. I'm so jealous...)

I think you should keep them together for awhile at least. The Journey Into Mystery College Fund...

I'd pile on with the "show the book"s, too, because it sounds amazing. But since I can't scan or take a decent picture currently, I'll CLAMMUP!

I wish I could, though. I went thru my early JIMs recently and discovered a forgotten gem amongst my standard low graders. My 86 is really sharp! I promise to post it when I'm able.

Well, here's my SDCC pick up. I'm not one to search out sig series books but when I saw what sort of shape this book was in I couldn't resist. Might just be the nicest JIM #84 I will ever see, and I've been looking for years.

Some people who saw the book thought it had a shot at 9.2 on resub (didn't even cross my mind until they mentioned it).

I simply bought it cause it's one of those "snooze and you lose" books.

:cloud9:

JourneyIntoMystery84CGC9_0OWW.jpg

Well, here's my SDCC pick up. I'm not one to search out sig series books but when I saw what sort of shape this book was in I couldn't resist. Might just be the nicest JIM #84 I will ever see, and I've been looking for years.

Some people who saw the book thought it had a shot at 9.2 on resub (didn't even cross my mind until they mentioned it).

I simply bought it cause it's one of those "snooze and you lose" books.

:cloud9:

JourneyIntoMystery84CGC9_0OWW.jpg

(worship) (worship) (worship)

Very nice! It sure as hell puts my own copy of JIM #84 (and probably everyone else's) to shame!