• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Journey Into Mystery Appreciation Thread
10 10

1,860 posts in this topic

Thanks, Hawkman.

I dunno' Mark 1. I never really pondered that question. To me it's priceless. It's original Kirby art, from an iconic comic, signed by Chic Stone. The first full Hulk/Thor battle, and Odin /Asgard is prominently featured too.

nice 93 my friend :banana:

Very nice! :headbang:

Thanks - hero JIMs might be my next collecting focus - I really like those books, but I've got a slate of GA books to mark off first. I always like perusing this thread - I get to see a lot of really nice books posted.

Yep! Some of my favorite covers too, and the back-up Tales of Asgard, was/is still one of my favorites. Kirby's story-telling artwork was never better on that mini-strip.

Thanks for the tip, BillC. I kinda' looked, but didn't see any JIM 112 art. I did see other Kirby work, exceeding several thousand dollars. I think I need to insure my artwork for a bit more. lol!

And again, truly magnificent examples of early JIM comics. Well done folks!

And good morning all!

Thanks for the tip, BillC. I kinda' looked, but didn't see any JIM 112 art. I did see other Kirby work, exceeding several thousand dollars. I think I need to insure my artwork for a bit more. lol!

Here you go:

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2Fauctions%2Fpreview%2Easp%3Fcode%3D2011nov%26pg%3D14%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%23Item%5F907384&id=907384

It's a classic page, wish I had the means to go for it at this time

the third panel of the hulk is just dope and classic kirby monster hulk. :cloud9:

Just back from joeypost and CGC.....one of my very favorite JIM's....Loki and Thor go round and round from one end of Manhatten to the other :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

JIM85vfnm.jpg

Just back from joeypost and CGC.....one of my very favorite JIM's....Loki and Thor go round and round from one end of Manhatten to the other :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

JIM85vfnm.jpg

:o

WOW Jimbo! KILLER KOPY! :sick:

back story...?

JIM85vfnm.jpg

back story...?

....purchased in the early 70's from an Engineering student who was selling his books (purchased off the rack) to help fund Grad School......for the Highway Robbery sum of $ 11......GOD BLESS...

JIM85vfnm.jpg

back story...?

....purchased in the early 70's from an Engineering student who was selling his books (purchased off the rack) to help fund Grad School......for the Highway Robbery sum of $ 11......GOD BLESS...

While I was learning to read + just discovering comics in the early '70s, you were making sweet deals like this!! :o:cry::tonofbricks: Great book Jim!! :headbang:

What do you figure the grade was pre-pressing?

JIM85vfnm.jpg

back story...?

While I was learning to read + just discovering comics in the early '70s, you were making sweet deals like this!! :o:cry::tonofbricks: Great book Jim!! :headbang:

What do you figure the grade was pre-pressing?

It was the same grade, I submit everything through Joe and his price for a press is so low I just had it done. The press did close the gap at the reading edge, leaving less book exposed on the right. It was actually a friend who bought the book in the early 70's....I ended up with it about a year ago. At that show, I actually got an even better deal at the end of the show....I got a different JIM85 in about the same grade AND an X-men 1 in about 9.0 for $ 10 for the pair. Needless to say, I miss the early 70's. I wish I still had those books. GOD BLESS...