• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OFF TOPIC! Just got back from Minnesota....

3 posts in this topic

And can I say I had a great time? I don't know who all in the forum is from around that way, but it's a great state.

Business trip and I stayed at the Radisson on the campus of the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis. Sadly, I didn't have time to check out any comic stores around the area, but last Friday I hit the nightlife and crashed Frat row! Met some cool people and had loads of fun!

And I'm a southern boy and love southern women, but can I say that the U of Minnesota is loaded with beautiful ladies? Tall, blue eyed and...shall we say...rather bosomy? smirk.gif

(Also sadly, I was unable to get to Dinkytown and meet the Girls of the Big Ten featured in a recent issue of Playboy frown.gif)

I've spent quite a bit of time in Minnesota, and it is a great state! I spent a week canoeing in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area on the border w/Canada, and I managed to hit a couple comic stores in Minneapolis (College of Comics or something?) while visiting my cousin a few years back. Minneapolis would be a cool city to live in during the spring/summer/fall. I hear people fly there from all across the country just to go to the Mall of America!! I'll pass on visiting in the winter again, although ice fishing was a neat experience for someone who grew up in the south...

I went to Minnesota for the first time this past summer. What a wonderful state. The trees were absolutely beautiful and shopping, can you say Mall of American.

I had the chance to check out some of the comic shops too. In the 3 days I was there I hit five stores, would have been more but I kept getting lost. Anyway there was a very cool shop that I of course can't remember the name of. This shop had just about every bronze and modern book. The guy had it organized in book shelves like a library, only the comics were in custom boxes so that they didn't get damaged. Good stuff.

893blahblah.gif