• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chicago Tourist

12 posts in this topic

I am heading on vacation to Chicago for the last week of August. Does anyone on the boards know any fun comic related or not things to do while I'm there? Any good restaurants? Where can I get the best pizza etc. I have never been there before so I would like all the help I can get. Please and thank you.

1 mile outside of Chicago is a huge area. You might want to narrow it down a bit. Can't go wrong with rosettis pizza or Giordano's. I think the stuffed pizza is a bit over rated, but still very good. I generally opt for the thin crust. The stuffed is like a block of velveeta on bread.

1 mile outside of Chicago is a huge area. You might want to narrow it down a bit.

This is true. Technically, one mile outside Chicago could be Milwaukee. lol

Chicago Pizza is subjective -- everybody has their favorite. Giordano's is excellent but I know people who swear by Pizzeria Uno or Lou Malnati's or one of the umpteen other famous downtown pizzerias.

Go to the Billy Goat Tavern for a cheezborger and if for no other reason, to say you've been there.

If you like architecture, do the Chicago Water Architecture Tour. If you just want a killer view of the city, hit the observatory in the Hancock Building. Try to get to a Cubs game if they're in town that weekend. Chicago is a great city! (thumbs u

Go to Chicago Comics near the corner of Clark & Belmont. Although it's not the best comic shop it is in the most interesting area..... Be sure to browse "the Alley" while you're there, a collection of eclectic shops. I don't get to many downtown comic shops but I'm sure others can recommend some.

Along whith what Steve suggested, here are some

For sushi:

Mirai

2020 W. Division St.

For having a few drinks:

The Note

1565 N. Milwaukee Ave.

Celebrity

1856 W. North Ave

Dining:

Baccala

1540 N. Milwaukee Ave.