• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Dinner With Greggy

42 posts in this topic

Two dinners at Wendy's is :screwy:

(tsk)

Tim, if you had Wendy's at home, would you be eating there while on vacation? I can walk 4 blocks to get Wendy's. Why the hell would I go to one in SD?

point taken. i would agree, if i travel i usually want to eat out on places where its not available back home to try new stuff. when you come by Manila, i'll let you try our "balut". :foryou:

(tsk)

Tim, if you had Wendy's at home, would you be eating there while on vacation? I can walk 4 blocks to get Wendy's. Why the hell would I go to one in SD?

point taken. i would agree, if i travel i usually want to eat out on places where its not available back home to try new stuff. when you come by Manila, i'll let you try our "balut". :foryou:

I'll down it whole :jokealert:

(tsk)

Benz, if you come to HK I'll be sure to take you to the Jollibee in Central! :baiting:

(tsk)

Benz, if you come to HK I'll be sure to take you to the Jollibee in Central! :baiting:

lollol I would pass on that. hey, where's the best dimsum place in HK in your opinion?

(tsk)

lollol I would pass on that. hey, where's the best dimsum place in HK in your opinion?

meh Take your pick. It's Hong Kong! :banana:

lollol I would pass on that.

Where's your sense of patriotism?! :baiting:

hey, where's the best dimsum place in HK in your opinion?

If you're talking about the best quality food, regardless of price and without the "ambience" of a typical dimsum joint, I'd have to say Victoria Seafood (Citic Tower or Sun Hung Kai Centre). If you want the traditional ambience with the carts and everything, and decent food at a decent price, there's City Hall in Central even though it's popular with tourists. For old school ambience with rude waiters, there's Luk Yue Tea House close to Lan Kwai Fong, although the food (which used to be okay) has taken a bit of a dip in quality in recent years from what I've been told. Whatever you do, don't go to Metropole in Admiralty. It's horrible!

I didn't have dinner with "board legend" Greggy, but I did briefly meet him for the first time at SD con last weekend. He was milling around the aisles with sckao and his wife. Maybe I'll have the pleasure of dining with him next time.

-Chris

Gah! That's like saying all pizza in NYC is good!

(shrug)

You think ALL pizza in NYC is good?

(shrug)

Not all but most pizzerias in Manhattan and Queens are decent.

(shrug)

Let me rephrase--that`s like saying all pizza in NYC is equally good. How`s that?

lollol I would pass on that.

Where's your sense of patriotism?! :baiting:

Our snack during yesterday's meeting was bought from Jollibee and my lunch today came from Jollibee. Does that make me patriotic enough :baiting:

hey, where's the best dimsum place in HK in your opinion?

If you're talking about the best quality food, regardless of price and without the "ambience" of a typical dimsum joint, I'd have to say Victoria Seafood (Citic Tower or Sun Hung Kai Centre). If you want the traditional ambience with the carts and everything, and decent food at a decent price, there's City Hall in Central even though it's popular with tourists. For old school ambience with rude waiters, there's Luk Yue Tea House close to Lan Kwai Fong, although the food (which used to be okay) has taken a bit of a dip in quality in recent years from what I've been told. Whatever you do, don't go to Metropole in Admiralty. It's horrible!

I'll try the Victoria Seafood on my next trip. Maxim City Hall is great! Luk Yue is really bad. :insane: We had lunch there and the food was not good including dimsum. Its not cheap and don't get me started on the waiters! they were so rude AND they expect you to tip well. I think I left HK$100 tip party of 10 just to appease them but never going back there. For me the mall across Park Lane Hotel, 6th floor serves good dimsum and affordable.

Maybe we should invite Greggy to come by Hong Kong. I'll go there just for food. lol

(shrug)

Let me rephrase--that`s like saying all pizza in NYC is equally good. How`s that?

I guess you make a point :whistle: