• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OA Overlay Question

3 posts in this topic

I am putting an overlay with logo art onto a piece of art (some Topps GPK card OA). How should I affix the actual logo work (it's a color printout on photopaper) to the transparency film?

I want to use something that won't eat through the film or discolor the logo paper yet will hold up in the long term, since I plan on framing the art and overlay together for presentation purposes. Any advice is appreciated.

A couple different ways.

1 - copy the logo onto acid-free paper and use a small amount of workable

spray fixative to the cut-out logo and put it on a acid-free vellum overlay.

2 - scan the logo on the OA. get a high-rez print-out of it (300 dpi) and frame that:

then keep the OA in a acid-free Mylar sleeve.

A couple different ways.

1 - copy the logo onto acid-free paper and use a small amount of workable

spray fixative to the cut-out logo and put it on a acid-free vellum overlay.

2 - scan the logo on the OA. get a high-rez print-out of it (300 dpi) and frame that:

then keep the OA in a acid-free Mylar sleeve.

Well, I definitely want the overlay on the art and then framed. Is vellum clear? I didn't think it was.

Do you think a spray adhesive would eat through normal ink jet safe transparency film? I have tried printing the scaled logo directly onto the transparency, but unfortunately there is no white when doing it that way, hence my need for attaching separate printouts.

Thanks for all the info btw.