• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paypal Question

4 posts in this topic

I was gonna use the PP site for lookup, but it seems they're having some issues.

I know the fee structure and that account transfers are free, while credit cards are not, but....

If I pay for a $30 auction with a $29 account transfer (all that's left) and a $1 CC payment, how does this get charged by Paypal to the recipient? On the $1 or the whole amount?

If he has a personal account (which is the only way to receive free payments as you know)... you would not be able to send even $1.00 via a CC

If he has a premiere account he would be charged on the whole amount regardless of the source(s) as there are no freebies "even" if a buyer is kind enough to send via a bank or PP balance... clever how they work that.

I'm not clear (positive) on the business account (2.2%) though... I've heard there is flexibility to receive both free payments via Bank/PP balance as well as CC payments. I would guess in the scenario you describe the seller would only pay a percentage on the CC payment.

Maybe a business account owner can clarify what "powers" that style of account has?

Provided that your account uses a credit card as a payment/transfer source (verified), the person recieving the amount should only be hit once with a transaction fee. Your payment, regardless of you balance, will first draw against your PP balance, and then go into your credit card.