• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reynold Jay's Comic Bulletin

11 posts in this topic

I just received another one and as always, when I try and click on a link, it loads up with a "C\xxx| not found" like he saved it Local or something.

I've emailed him about this, and never got a reply, so I'm wondering if anyone else can click the links?

And yes, there is a book I want to look at!! 893whatthe.gif

They don't work for me either... never have

That's what I thought, and I've emailed him about it, but still get the same bulletins month after month.

It is very strange indeed, as he obviously puts some work into the newsletter, but with no active links.

What browser do you use? I'm using Netscape... maybe its something else? I can't believe the links don't work for anyone?
Check the HTML, they're all links to files on his hard drive. CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS 7 DEATH OF SUPER GIRL 1985 LOOKS PERFECT

this should work for you. My suggestion is to copy the image name and then add it to the end of biccomix.com like http://biccomix.com/crisis7.jpg and you'll see the image.

Yea, he saved in local. It looks like he made his website, and maybe the newsletter, in front page or some other "what-you-see-is-what-you-get" program.

Yea, he saved in local. It looks like he made his website, and maybe the newsletter, in front page or some other "what-you-see-is-what-you-get" program.

Then somebody tell him to go to File -> Properties and change the "Base Location" to his website URL.

Then somebody tell him to go to File -> Properties and change the "Base Location" to his website URL.

You can do that? I don't use those programs so I couldn't help him.

But if he ever wanted someone to redo his website for him, I'd do it in a second (as long as he paid the right price tongue.gif )

You can do that? I don't use those programs so I couldn't help him.

Yep, this changes the Base URL so that everything entered from that time on starts with www.xxxxx.com/

It's pretty handy if you're adding anything to an existing site or use a lot of SSI.