• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

colmorecomics.com shutting down

7 posts in this topic

Dear Fellow Collector,

I am writing to you to inform you that I will be deactivating the Colmore Comics website on Friday August 31st 2007. After that date I shall not be taking any more online orders but will still be in business buying and selling top quality vintage Silver Age and Bronze Age comics.

My reasons in brief are that my wife and I have developed plans involving significant changes to our lives and lifestyle over the next couple of years. This includes moving house and doing some travelling around the world, amongst several other things. The result is that for the foreseeable future we shall both be very busy and I simply shall not have the time available that running an online business requires (mostly paperwork, sadly!).

As I say, I shall still be in business and so will always be happy to receive enquiries about books you are looking for, including wants lists. I plan to retain most, if not all, of my stock until such time as I am again able to devote the time to run an online business, when it should hopefully be a matter of operating a few switches to reactivate the website!

I shall continue to be one of the most active collectors in the marketplace, although I have recently completed a major purchase of many of my core wants and so I am hoping to also be able to spend a lot less time on my collecting habits than I have done for several years. My collecting takes up even more time than the website and so I am looking to be disciplined there, so as to free up the time that I shall need available!

After the website is deactivated, my contact details will remain the same:

Mark Arrand

Colmore Comics & Collectibles

Beresford House

23 Shawbank Road

Lakeside

Redditch B98 8YN

T: 01564 742575

F: 01564 742627

Email: mark@colmorecomics.com

If there is anything on the website that you are interested in, then you will be able to purchase online up until Thursday 30 August. After that date the current website will be replaced by a temporary holding page.

It just remains to thank you for your interest, support and custom during the period that the website has been open. It has been great fun and I look forward to hearing from you or seeing you soon - at a show perhaps?

All the best,

Mark Arrand

Mark is one of the greatest guys I have ever known!

Loves comic books and friendship, but he is a "family first" kind of guy, which is what makes him so great!

If every comic collector and seller were like him, our hobby would be scam free and a carefree wonderful place to live in!

He and his wife deserve all the happiness a couple could ever have!

Got this sweet book from Colmore:

sm123.jpg

Excellent grading, great packaging..superior service...they were awesome!

Damn you silver!!!!

Stop showing this book!!! (worship)