• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what defect on a mid-grade comic do you find MOST annoying?

51 posts in this topic

popped staple.

wow, popped staple is my favorite defect to have on a mid-grade comic. usually I get to buy a copy that looks VF for a VG price because of the popped staple. once its bagged and boarded, you often can't even tell its there.

popped staple.

+1

+2

especially on an otherwise VF/NM ish book. doubly especially when the seller fails to inform you of same prior to the purchase

We all know the heartbreak of finding that elusive HG book at a show/shop, only to find the staple has popped....

It`s liquid and moisture rippling for me,i guess because unlike creases or small tears, it`s this foreign matter ruining your book.

Plus for all you know it could be pee splater.:eek:

It's funny how water wrinkling drives some people crazy, and others don't mind at all.

I recently sold Fantastic Four #36, 45 and 53 on ebay. They looked high grade VF+ to NM- but were wrinkled throughout the comic. They sold for an average of $40 each. I was quite surprised. So I guess wrinkles don't bother some people, as long as the rest of the comic looks OK.

Small amount of tape! Killing the part of the comic where it is placed! :sumo:

Yep.

Tape or water damage.

Those are the big two. :sumo:

oh yeah.....

tapes one of the worst and also the tanned pages..per topofthetotem...

ticks me off when I buy books from you folks that live in warm climates....your pages just don't hold a candle to the AK page quality.

Tape is bad.. Sub-creases can be terrible or not-that-bad. If it doesn't break color, not great, but not awful.

Worst for me is "non-white, white cover". I know this doesn't apply to every book, but that's the worst for me. I had a really noice 9.2 copy of Cap #111 a few years back. Every bit a 9.4 except the cover was tan-brown.

I'd rather have an 8.0 with a white cover than a 9.2 of the same book with a tanning cover.

1. Tape

2. Water Damage

3. Tape

4. Coupons clipped

5. Tape

As a rule, I never buy a book with tape. It just drives me absolutely crazy.

So....how do you really feel about tape on a comic? :kidaround: