• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Qualified" Grade Poll

Do you agree with the use of the CGC "Qualified" grade for books that would grade much higher except for a single, major defect (for example, an otherwise NM book with a missing page)?  

360 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with the use of the CGC "Qualified" grade for books that would grade much higher except for a single, major defect (for example, an otherwise NM book with a missing page)?

49 posts in this topic

If you really want the market to decide, why not just put a 0.5 on every book, even perfect 10's, and let everybody decide which book they like more more aesthetically?

You can't really be this dense.

No, but I think you are, if you're comparing a CGC 9.8 to a freak-show, half-book missing 10 FULL PAGES.

Hint: One is complete and high-grade, the other is a freakish partial, Frankenstein book with a BIG CHUNK RIPPED OUT. Let's put all the Frankenstein books in one numerical category, whatever CGC decides.

I'm not, but I seriously think you are this dense. The label clearly stated the pages were missing and that this was a qualified grade. The bidding didn't get anywhere close to what a universal 6.0 would have been. Do you think when the label says that 10 pages are missing that people don't realize that means 10 pages are actually missing? If that's the case, then we certainly can't expect them to understand what "white pages" means.....or anything else on the label. Maybe you're that stupid, Joe.......but don't try to transfer your idiocy onto the rest of us.

If you really want the market to decide, why not just put a 0.5 on every book, even perfect 10's, and let everybody decide which book they like more more aesthetically?

You can't really be this dense.

No, but I think you are, if you're comparing a CGC 9.8 to a freak-show, half-book missing 10 FULL PAGES.

Hint: One is complete and high-grade, the other is a freakish partial, Frankenstein book with a BIG CHUNK RIPPED OUT. Let's put all the Frankenstein books in one numerical category, whatever CGC decides.

I'm not, but I seriously think you are this dense. The label clearly stated the pages were missing and that this was a qualified grade. The bidding didn't get anywhere close to what a universal 6.0 would have been. Do you think when the label says that 10 pages are missing that people don't realize that means 10 pages are actually missing? If that's the case, then we certainly can't expect them to understand what "white pages" means.....or anything else on the label. Maybe you're that stupid, Joe.......but don't try to transfer your idiocy onto the rest of us.

C'mon Bug....

Let this thread die. foreheadslap.gif

So who are these comic book geniuses who are calling CGC, complaining about that "horrid minus sign on my book", and prompting a change to a NUMBERS ONLY format?

If the target market for CGC comics are knobs who are afraid of a "-", then I shudder to think that they'd think of this monstrosity.

Perhaps they'd think it's a qualified book with 10 pages missing but the remainder of it looks like a 6.0

You seem to be so bitter about the minus sign issue and the qualified labels......why don't you spend your days calling CGC, pretend to be different people each time, and try to get them to change it?

You seem to be so bitter about the minus sign issue and the qualified labels......why don't you spend your days calling CGC, pretend to be different people each time, and try to get them to change it?

Nah, you can keep your day job.

Yeah......we wouldn't want to interupt your forum person_without_enough_empathyfest job.

Yeah......we wouldn't want to interupt your forum person_without_enough_empathyfest job.

Oh man...that is so TJ! foreheadslap.gif