• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AUGUST HERITAGE AUCTION...............ONCE AGAIN SOME AMAZING PRICES REALISED...

57 posts in this topic

Congratulation on the purchase – beautiful original owner book!

Here's the images from the auction...

FF1_front.jpg

FF1_back.jpg

Nice book. 6.5 with white pages and nice cover gloss. And numerous imperfections that keep it from being any better.

It's not a 7.0 or 8.0.

CGC got it right.

I have to agree, but it presents very nicely, if not for the piece missing from the right edge and the bottom right corner crease, and the spine ticks...it'd been even more phenomenal. Great copy with great colors. Likely the best 6.5 out there that I've seen, of course I've only owned a slabbed 3.5 and my current raw G/VG or so copy.

42819-FF13.0.JPG.ae2675bff0c06b0180e350a0be27f673.JPG

I'd be willing to trade you this for it straight up:

matt_7606.jpg

I wouldn't know what to do with a "MINT" book. Could you take it out, spill some coffee and make it look like the rest of my collection?

I agree with Moondog about the CGC grade on the above 6.5 FF1. You know, I found (I think) a similar match to my book. See attached scan of the Northland pedigree that appears to have the same type chip and crease. The Northland also has overhang wear and/or a ragged edge top of book. Nice book!

Any thoughts on comparison of these two nice books? Thanks to all who participate.

42887-ff1northlandpedigree.jpg.93369b2fd64de48422117fc11007e9cd.jpg

42888-ff1front.jpg.3dd1613ab9b12bfe4880a681c75ec313.jpg

comment..if the scans were on the same scanner, I'd have a comment...

yours looks better

It does look better but the Northland's spine is far superior and I believe the Northland's back cover is much better.

Let me ask this another way:

Would you pedigree the Northland FF1 if it were raw in your hands not knowing WHERE it is from? If so, what the heck are the characteristics that set it apart from other FF1s?

Let me ask this another way:

Would you pedigree the Northland FF1 if it were raw in your hands not knowing WHERE it is from? If so, what the heck are the characteristics that set it apart from other FF1s?

probably the rest of the collection. It's not 1 book that makes a pedigree.

R.