• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You People Are Just Too Freaking Nice!

28 posts in this topic

I think we need to see Flee's graphic of me in the basement. meh

And a 7-figure income? As in the millions of dollars a year? :screwy:

Hey.

I have a 7 figure income.

If you count those 2 figures to the right of the decimal point.

:baiting:

I'm still on vacation mode for another day, so I check out the mailbox and find another couple of comic book shipments. After opening them up, I just had to post a thanks to some of the fine people on here who not only give of their time, but of their comics as well.

The first one goes back a bit, but since I never got a chance to thank Ze-Man publicly, I'll do it here. He ran a contest, where we had to guess his waist size or something, and I ended up being right (56"). Not only did I get a nice stack of BA books, some of which I had never read, but I probably added another inch on my own waist from the bundled cookies.

Next up we have MutantKeys, our little posting hamster, who also ran a contest on here. Again, I ended up the victor, snagging a couple of CGC copies of Marvel Presents/Weapon X, and MK also bundled a very nice copy of the first issue in that arc.

I'm sure you all remember the little dust-up that me and Explosiv! had regarding his on-and-off Canadian shipping policy. Well, at the end, we settled our differences and made the deal for the Avengers and MTIO comics. He tossed in a nice MT picture frame for free, but when I got the package, there were a few other freebees, including a nice copy of Defenders 2, a book that's on my want list.

And last, but certainly not least, we have the man who currently holds the second-best CGC New X-Men run in existence, our esteemed Doctor Watson. Awhile back, he ran a very interesting "free auction" of CGC books that proved to be very successful, but as I had come late to the table, I jokingly inquired if DW had any other freebees he'd like to send. Amazingly, he said yes, and today I received a box of X-Men books, including some 70's reprints and a nice copy of X-Men 120.

I just wanted to thank you all for the generosity in adding more books to my already burgeoning collection. (worship)

On that note, I'd better get that long-ago-packed box of UK Hulks out to BB. doh!

P.S. I forgot to send out a BIG thank you to LazyBoy, who took it upon himself to buy, pack and ship me out a pile of Ultra Pro Bags & Boards. I cannot locate these anywhere local or online, and now I've got a ton of supplies to go along with my Mylites2. I just hope he got my check. :wishluck:

I thought you were JoeCollector at first..and this whole thread was going to be about getting our arses in gear and speak up.....get a spine etc..

Man all this sugar makes me want to throw up. :baiting:

I thought you were JoeCollector at first..and this whole thread was going to be about getting our arses in gear and speak up.....get a spine etc..

I like the soft side of JC. :grin:

I like the soft side of JC. :grin:

This reveals too much :gossip: