• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone here BUY green labels.

12 posts in this topic

In the thread about the qualified AF15, several of you were quite adament in defending the grade assigned.

I have several books that would seem ideal for this label and am wondering how the market is for them.

Books include

Hulk 181-no MVS

flash 123,128,129-flash logo cut from letters page

JIM 9?- coupon cut out

Another early Thor with the MMS coupon filled out but not cut.

These books would all be at least 8.5 IMO without these one defects.

Any estimates on what they would bring?

In the thread about the qualified AF15, several of you were quite adament in defending the grade assigned.

I have several books that would seem ideal for this label and am wondering how the market is for them.

Books include

Hulk 181-no MVS

flash 123,128,129-flash logo cut from letters page

JIM 9?- coupon cut out

Another early Thor with the MMS coupon filled out but not cut.

These books would all be at least 8.5 IMO without these one defects.

Any estimates on what they would bring?

My personal view is to sell them raw if you want to sell them. When you sell to a CGC buyer, I think you diminish the potential value with anything other than the Universal grade. A raw buyer IMO is more willing to accept a missing coupon (assuming it doesn't affect a story panel of course) if the rest of the book is in good shape. I personally would buy a CGC Q label and crack the slab if the price was enough under market or under guide.

I have a couple. A cgc 9.6 Tales to astonish 93 - got the green cause it has 2 small pieces of tape on centerfold! And a 9.2 Marvel feature 1 - because it was signed on the cover by Roy Thomas! I guess that is not part of the verified signature series manure they are pushing.

I have a couple. A cgc 9.6 Tales to astonish 93 - got the green cause it has 2 small pieces of tape on centerfold! And a 9.2 Marvel feature 1 - because it was signed on the cover by Roy Thomas! I guess that is not part of the verified signature series manure they are pushing.

Were they slabbed or raw when you bought them? I am trying to find peoplewho buy/bought green labels and what % of guide they paid.

They were slabbed - the 9.6 Tales came from metropolis and I paid under $200. If you ever found a blue label 9.6 Tales/Astonish 93 I bet it would be at least $800. So maybe you could figure 25% value of the "normal" price. But it is one of the best bargains I have ever had - it looks perfect and has no restoration, just 2 tiny pieces of tape that I will never see.