• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Finally back home....

38 posts in this topic

Ater 3.5 weeks on the road with my girlfriend I have made it back last night. We drove from Missoula MT to Denver, CO, to Paris TX, to New Orleans, To Tallahassee, FL, back to NO, to Houston, TX, to Deming NM, to Anaheim, CA, to San Francisco, CA to Twin Falls ID, then back to Missoula, MT last night Pshwew!

While I was gone my proof copy for my book, "10/31" arrived and I am so psyched because it looks great! I'll post some shots later tonight. So for all who bought a copy, it will be about 1 month until I ship them out, so it's right on track.

Did I miss anything good while gone?? hm

Ater 3.5 weeks on the road with my girlfriend I have made it back last night. We drove from Missoula MT to Denver, CO, to Paris TX, to New Orleans, To Tallahassee, FL, back to NO, to Houston, TX, to Deming NM, to Anaheim, CA, to San Francisco, CA to Twin Falls ID, then back to Missoula, MT last night Pshwew!

While I was gone my proof copy for my book, "10/31" arrived and I am so psyched because it looks great! I'll post some shots later tonight. So for all who bought a copy, it will be about 1 month until I ship them out, so it's right on track.

Did I miss anything good while gone?? hm

You were gone? :o

Hey Matthew... sorry to see your travels did not allow for a vist to nap town.

Dare I ask how much you spent on gas? Visit any lcs along the way?

Loved your Candlyland painting btw, nice., and I look forward to seeing your book.

Kenny

we used Kathy's 2003 Ford ranger. We were very lucky in that we never got lost & we had no car problems of any kind. :applause: For both of us to fly from the missoula airport would have cost $1100 as well, and that would only be to one destination, so really the gas price wasn't bad at all.

You live in Missoula? If so....small world. I grew up there (moved away when I was 21). I miss it like hell.

yeah I am living in Missoula while Kathy gets her 2 master's degrees at UM. It is definately a great place to spend some time, but FAR too cold & long a winter for me... I guess if you grew up here you would be used to it. I live in the Rattlesnake.

yeah I am living in Missoula while Kathy gets her 2 master's degrees at UM. It is definately a great place to spend some time, but FAR too cold & long a winter for me... I guess if you grew up here you would be used to it. I live in the Rattlesnake.

The Rattlesnake is nice...you could do worse. I grew up in Grant Creek (clear up at the end of the valley).

What do they have for comic shops around there these days? Back in my day they basically had the Book Exchange and something called 'Play it Again Sam' which also was a movie rental place. I'd bet they probably have more going on there now (I haven't been back for quite a few years).

Yeah, Deming was pretty desolate. It was just as far as I could get while driving from Houston before I started going batty & needed to stop driving.

Lived there for 3 years. Hope you had a better stay than I did :wishluck:

And I bet you drove right through Yuma, AZ and didn't even stop by to say Hello :eek:

And looking forward to the book