• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Supa-Pimp..have you gone crazy altogether??

164 posts in this topic

Supa-Pimp was driven out of here by some shady dealings of his about, what, 3 years ago...?

Don't remember...

Last post was in 2013. I don't know what the circumstances were as most likely the useful posts would most likely have been nuked.

He promised a NM #98 to someone as prize from a raffle or something. Refused to pay for shipping to the UK.

Link.

Wow this thread was a walk down Memory Lane; :cloud9:

References to and appearances by Danny D, Supa, Donut, Banner, Darth, BOC, Greggy,

Chrisco, Rickdog, JC etc...just to name a few.

It really was. Filled me with nostalgia seeing those names.

Supa-Pimp was driven out of here by some shady dealings of his about, what, 3 years ago...?

Don't remember...

Last post was in 2013. I don't know what the circumstances were as most likely the useful posts would most likely have been nuked.

He promised a NM #98 to someone as prize from a raffle or something. Refused to pay for shipping to the UK.

Link.

lol I knew if anybody could link this it would be you. I may be wrong, but didn't he do a flame out on here too?

Don't remember...

Link.

The deja vu is strong in this link. Four years ago supa posted there:

i have to wake up to this thread from four years ago?

Don't remember...

Link.

Thats too bad Supapimp allowed that to happen. He had a really good rep and was well liked when I got here. Looking at that link it appears the whole shipping to UK thing was just an excuse, Airfield and several others offered to pay shipping he just backed out and sold the book elsewhere long before COI called him out.

It's funny how the old guys complain about how horrible this place has gotten. When you read those early posts, it is EXACTLY the same.

You're talking about two different kinds of horrible

hm I guess that may be true, but I remember eerily similar threads.

Definitely. However, when you read some of those early threads, it's pretty clear the culture of the board was much different than it is today. Even when I got here, you could still be a pretty big to others and not face much, if any, reprisal. Joe Collector was a to people just about every day. It's different now.

Elrod was a passionate collector who especially loved the Pacific Coast pedigree. Good guy to chat and do business with. Wonder if he still collects?

As for the Boards, you can plainly see how different things were. People had much thicker skin, the talk was more about comics and less about investments, and the button didn't get humped over simple disagreements.