• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC's Qualified Grading is Catching On!

39 posts in this topic

"I don't think that's true at all."

IT IS.

So what was the reason you singled out "signed-only" DF books, and let the other autographed issues slide by, in the era previous to the Sig Series?

I am not sure I understand what you are asking, can you show me? Thanks.

I don't know if he understands either. 27_laughing.gif

I don't know if he understands either. 27_laughing.gif

I am just tired of explaining everything, when the point is quite obvious.. even to you. There are tons of Blue Label books out there with "Stan Lee written on cover" notations, but you already know this.

Then again...

IT IS.

So what was the reason you singled out "signed-only" DF books, and let the other autographed issues slide by, in the era previous to the Sig Series?

I still need an example............

IT IS.

Joe?

IT IS.

Joe?

OK....what the hell do you want? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Don't feel like reading the thread! tonofbricks.gif

893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

Okay, before the Sig Series debuted, comics with a creator's name on the cover received a Universal grade with the name denoted. I have one.

Now you stated that all DF autographed books (with no other sketches/numbers/issues) were always given a Qualified grade, even in the early days and I was wondering what the rationale was?

Remember, this question requires to time-slide back to pre-Sig Series days.

"

Okay, before the Sig Series debuted, comics with a creator's name on the cover received a Universal grade with the name denoted. I have one. "

Unless it was mid or low grade, or in the 1st 2 months, that is not true. Can you post it? We have always "qualified" sigs on the cover in high grade before the sig series. The sig series came from people asking us for authentication of sigs. The Sig Series came 1 1/2 to 2 years into CGC inception.

Here are my two grading questions. Please forgive me for not putting the question in another category. The Hulk 181 gave me the thought. How would these grade?

1)Suppose I have a Hulk 181 that would be a CGC 8.0 but it has a coupon that was cut out and then taped back into the book? Therefore it is not missing but repaired.

2)Suppose I have a book (8.0) except that has a coupon missing but I took a much lower grade copy of the same book and cut out the coupon and taped that coupon into the book. The old "married coupon" book.

Don't forget that both of these books could be very rare. For instance, how many have "married coupons"?

"Okay, before the Sig Series debuted, comics with a creator's name on the cover received a Universal grade with the name denoted. I have one. "

Unless it was mid or low grade, or in the 1st 2 months, that is not true. Can you post it? We have always "qualified" sigs on the cover in high grade before the sig series. The sig series came from people asking us for authentication of sigs. The Sig Series came 1 1/2 to 2 years into CGC inception.

Now let's see if Joe even bothers to respond to you. Usually, when he's shown to be wrong, he just ignores the post/thread and starts a new one to complain in.

Now let's see if Joe even bothers to respond to you. Usually, when he's shown to be wrong, he just ignores the post/thread and starts a new one to complain in.

Nope, I'm taking some advice and not bothering to start anything that can draw Stalking Bug into the thread.

Nope, I'm taking some advice and not bothering to start anything that can draw Stalking Bug into the thread.

257807-SnarlingDalmation.jpg

27_laughing.gif Is it just me, or does that dog look like it has a set of false teeth?! "The dog stole my teeth! The dog stole my TEEEEETH!!!!" 27_laughing.gif

"

Okay, before the Sig Series debuted, comics with a creator's name on the cover received a Universal grade with the name denoted. I have one. "

Why do Winnipeg books get a universal grade?? Most have names written on the cover. If the original owners of that collection had all the books signed by Stan Lee instead of signing their own names, would it make a diff as far as universal or qualified??? and why??

Great idea, and here's some more ideas for threads that I dislike, yet til now have just moved on when seeing:

1) Emoticon Wars - This is about as exciting as watching paint dry.

2) Is X a Good Investment? - Good Riddance!!

3) Hulk 181 - And you talk about REPETITION?

4) All of Bug's Posts - I did a search on his ID and it was page after page of insults, emoticons and snarling canine photos. Boy, what a positive contributor.

The thread got locked before I could respond to the following post where I was mentioned, so I thought I'd respond to it in here for you, Joe.

1) If your posts were at least as exciting as watching paint dry, I wouldn't mind them so much.

2) Some people like to invest in comics. And those people start less threads about investing than you do with your usual person_without_enough_empathyfest against it.

3) Yes, and I've made fun of all the hulk 181 threads in here before, because I think it tends to get beaten to death as well. Just like your 40 frigging threads about the Qualified label.

4) Why don't I start a poll about which one of us contributes more positively to these forums, Joe? And the loser either can't start any more threads in the forum for for 6 months or has to get the hell out for 6 months. I'll let you you pick which one, based on how big you think your shriveled up nutsack is and how far you really want to try to push this point.

Why do Winnipeg books get a universal grade?? Most have names written on the cover. If the original owners of that collection had all the books signed by Stan Lee instead of signing their own names, would it make a diff as far as universal or qualified??? and why??

I believe it's because they do downgrade for his signature. On books signed by the artists but not confirmed as such, they qualify it and don't downgrade, but because nobody really wants Kjolso's signature there, they simply downgrade for it.

What's the highest-graded Winnipeg books you guys have seen? I haven't seen one above 9.2, although I'm sure that higher-graded ones are out there.