• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chicago comic con: Any OA reports

33 posts in this topic

Show us!

All the art I got this weekend was for my Son...Chris Jr.

Here is a link to his gallery: Chris Jr.'s Art Gallery

And mine: Chris Sr.'s Art Gallery

Dave Finch did this head sketch for Chris Jr....he was doing free sketches for kids and Chris loves Wolverine.

FinchWolvie.jpg

Katie Cook....who rocks....created this especially for him..a "take your kids to work day" piece

KatieCookTakeYourEwokToWorkDay.jpg

And Art Baltazar...who is about to become a household name with DC...and might be the nicest person on the planet did 3 11x14 color commission pieces for Chris Jr.

BaltazarAF15.jpg

BaltazarHulk1.jpg

BaltazarFF1.jpg

Great stuff!!

Thanks, I let the little guy choose whatever he wants. He's only six so he hasn't asked for Lady Death, or Vampirella, or Zatanna......yet.

C

Nice stuff Chris... Where were you? It wouldve been cool to meet..

I was around Thursday night for a couple hours, and from about 3-6pm, then I could not make it back until Sunday.

I was mostly around Artist's Alley, or the art dealers with some stops to get T-shirts, Toys and games for the kids. I was left with not alot of time to see the show because of work and family scheds this time.

C

Show us!
As a kid I use to watch the Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon and play the video game on Sega so I couldnt pass on these...

momsPicture039.jpg

momsPicture041.jpg

momsPicture042.jpg

Man I loved Sonic the Hedgehog as a kid. I used to roll out of bed at 6am saturday mornings to catch the cartoon. I don't mean the weird one that got all of that play on TV but the really cool version that seemed like it was hidden in the wee hours of early morning programing. Nice pick!

Thats the one.... I always wondered why they had it on so early... I loved that cartoon :cloud9:

Thanks CW... I wanted to purchase more but I didnt have extra cash on me, I did take a card and I will email him in a couple of weeks to pick up some more.. I picked up all 3 for under 100 bucks

I just created a CAF account. I also recently purchased a page from X-Men 212 from a boardie that will be in my possesion within the next couple of months. I'm going to try to limit myself though... I am really liking it

Will put up scans later and some of the boys at the show have already seen them...

Matt Wagner commission of Grendel

Matt Wagner Jason Todd Batman cover preliminary

Tony Moore Joker Commission

love them all!

Did a deal for Batman:Mad Monk #1 cover by Matt Wagner. It's the homage to the 'Tec 31 cover. Happy to get it, until the Adams 227 and 'Tec 31 cover's come along.--Joe S.
Post it :baiting:

I came across a young, raw art talent that just blew my mind. She has so much potential it's mindboggling. I had to get some OA from her, and she was gracious enough to give me this piece

EllenOA.jpg

All the art I got this weekend was for my Son...Chris Jr.

Here is a link to his gallery: Chris Jr.'s Art Gallery

And mine: Chris Sr.'s Art Gallery

Dave Finch did this head sketch for Chris Jr....he was doing free sketches for kids and Chris loves Wolverine.

Katie Cook....who rocks....created this especially for him..a "take your kids to work day" piece

And Art Baltazar...who is about to become a household name with DC...and might be the nicest person on the planet did 3 11x14 color commission pieces for Chris Jr.

Hey Chris, it was great to see you and meet Chris Jr. GREAT PICKUPS!!!

Also good to see other art collectors at the con.

There was a lot of great art, not just at Conrad's booth but the booths of Albert, Anthony, Bechara, George Hagenauer, Superworld, etc. Talked at length with Josh N of ComicLink about their art auctions which I expect to continue to grow in scope and quality. I saw a lot more dealers with art on display than I have ever seen before. I should have taken more pictures. doh!

I didn't buy any pages, but did get an Arthur Suydam sketch which I'll post when I have time. I did drool over a lot of art though. (thumbs u

--Steve