• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Finally, Combined Payments on EBay!

9 posts in this topic

***Coming Soon: Combined Payments***

Date: 09/10/03 Time: 02:18:52 PM PDT

The ability to combine multiple purchases into a single payment is one of the most popular requests we receive from both buyers and sellers. Based on this input, we are pleased to announce a new combined payments feature, which will be introduced to the site in the next few weeks.

With the new combined payments feature:

Buyers will have the option of sending a single combined payment for multiple items purchased from a seller.

Sellers will have the option of sending a single combined invoice for multiple items purchased by a buyer.

Umm, why is this new? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You can do this now in any number of ways. Paypal allows it, you can just cheat and combine the amount onto the shipping form. I don't understand the ruckus - am I just missing something?

I don't understand the ruckus - am I just missing something?

You're missing something. Of course you can hack in different amounts into Paypal, but this does nothing to help the newbies and newbie-PP users who simply cannot get it. There's also the fact that many refuse to do it hack-wise, and adamantly keep their own records by sending multiple payments.

With the new feature, a combined invoice can be sent that is automatically recognized by Paypal, thereby seeding all the necessary values into the payment form and making it immensely easier to get newbies and the paranoid to play the one-payment game.

If you've never experienced this type of buyer, then count yourself lucky.

You never had a ebay newbie win 3-5 items and pay with Paypal for each individually before you could email them with payment info...?

35 cents extra Paypal fee each item that way... frown.gif

You never had a ebay newbie win 3-5 items and pay with payapl for each individually before you could email them with payment info...?

35 cents extra paypal fee each item that way... frown.gif

But, since I have no morals and ethics, I simply combine all of their purchases into one box and take the shipping fees for each. Bwah-hah-hah-hah. devil.gif

Seriously, I can count on two hands the number of times this has happened. Newbies always ask because they're newbies. I tell them just to adjust the shipping to add the other purchases into the shipping price.

Seriously, I can count on two hands the number of times this has happened. Newbies always ask because they're newbies. I tell them just to adjust the shipping to add the other purchases into the shipping price.

Like I said Donut, you be one lucky EBay seller. I'm lucky when Goosegg Bob even includes shipping. grin.gif