• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game: BRONZE AGE SURVIVOR SERIES: Round 8

BRONZE AGE SURVIVOR SERIES: Round 8  

285 members have voted

1. 1. BRONZE AGE SURVIVOR SERIES: Round 8

49 posts in this topic

This poll isn't holding my interest. Can we vote off 10 books this round?

Voted for Superman vs. Spider-man, again. How did this even get on the list???

(tsk)

Supes vs Spidey was such a huge (no pun intended) and important book. Never had Marvel and DC crossed over into each others "universe"(Wizard of Oz does not count!). At the time, as fans, we could not believe it would actually happen. To us, it opened a door we never thought would be opened. Very important moment in fandom and, as a youngster, a "blown away" moment. My friends and I must have read it 10 times and discussed it to death lol

End rantrant

I was too old at that time, but I still recognize it for the historical significance. I'm also surprised at how many votes Marvel Feature has received. Maybe the heroes weren't new, but the Defenders did have a long run, and some fun books!

I agree (thumbs u Gerber story lines were great! Don't know why the Defenders do not get more love (shrug)

I agree (thumbs u Gerber story lines were great! Don't know why the Defenders do not get more love (shrug)

Because Namor is lame. (shrug):baiting:

Dude, go ahead and :baiting: me, but, knowing you and your sick swisted ways (and I mean that as a compliment), you should read the Gerber issues........

Dude, go ahead and :baiting: me, but, knowing you and your sick swisted ways (and I mean that as a compliment), you should read the Gerber issues........

hm Damn! I might have to pick them up now. You've never done me wrong on the recommendations.

hm Damn! I might have to pick them up now. You've never done me wrong on the recommendations.

Yeah, check out the chick with the red ball as a head (thumbs u

This poll isn't holding my interest. Can we vote off 10 books this round?

Voted for Superman vs. Spider-man, again. How did this even get on the list???

(tsk)

Supes vs Spidey was such a huge (no pun intended) and important book. Never had Marvel and DC crossed over into each others "universe"(Wizard of Oz does not count!). At the time, as fans, we could not believe it would actually happen. To us, it opened a door we never thought would be opened. Very important moment in fandom and, as a youngster, a "blown away" moment. My friends and I must have read it 10 times and discussed it to death lol

End rantrant

I'll grant it got some buzz at the time, and it was kind of interesting that the two rival companies would cooperate on a project, but it didn't capture my interest. Just seemed too artificial. And it didn't have any impact on anything. It opened a door that immediately reclosed with a resounding thud.

Yeah, check out the chick with the red ball as a head (thumbs u

the HeadMen! doh!