• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All-American #27 (1st Doiby Dickles), #30 GA Green Lantern #6 and more GA

12 posts in this topic

Well, if I'm going to have my own comic/ebay room, it looks like I'll need my own computer because fighting with my wife over the one I have with my wife is a real drag. Selling this guy off will get me a chunk of what I need:

allamerican27.jpg

I've shown this here before, maybe in the GA section. While I don't know exactly what restoration was done, it appears that either a triangle corner was replaced or there's a massive color touch there. Also, some work was done with tears on the spine (which could probably stand to get redone at some point). I don't know if it's rice paper or what on there. It's a nice flat book with nice color and nice pages.

It's been in my store for a while at $950. I stupidly rejected an offer of $800 a while back (got greedy and figured I could squeeze a few more bucks) and now I've lost that potential buyer's info.

OPG in G/VG is $571 and VG is $762. I guess this might have been a 3.0ish book pre-restoration. The books looks like a F/VF (if you ignore the restoration, of course) (Fine is $1143 and VF is $2477). A real expert could probably re-do some things and get this up to an apparent VF/NM, heck, maybe 9.2.

I'm looking for $550 [REDUCED], which would include insured priority mail delivery in the U.S. Foreign shipping will be more and I'm going to need to insure it, which will prevent me from claiming a low customs value) and I would limit it to foreign regulars here. All that I ask is that the paypal payment be a bank/funds transfer so that I don't have to pay paypal $50 or whatever to get this money. (Or money order .... or check IF you're a regular here --- although I am going to wait a while to make sure it clears anyway).

Here's All-American 30, also featuring the GA Green Lantern.

This is a solid mid-grade copy, grades in at about a VG/Fine. Who knows what CGC would give it given that I've seen GA 6.0s and 6.5s that look worse. There are two small pieces of tape on the interior of the front and back cover that look like they each hold very small tears in place. I could probably remove them, but they don't seem to be bothering anyone. I am no expert on spotting restoration, but I don't see anything here (I assume some obvious tape on the interior cover doesn't qualify as "restoration"). Given that these little pieces of tape are very obvious, I seriously doubt that this book has been restored, otherwise, the restorer would have removed this tape and sealed the little tears. The "polkadot" effect on the cover has something to do with my scanner, it is not on the cover.

I don't know what OPG is on this, but I would like $350 [REDUCED], which will include priority mail insured delivery in the U.S., foreign will be more as per my earlier description. Payment same route as above.

allamerican30A.jpg

allamerican30B.jpg

And here's a Green Lantern 6. Grades out as about a Fine/Fine-. Really nothing major wrong with this, just ordinary wear and a little spine roll that ought to be visible from the scan.

I don't have my OPG handy on this one either, but I'd like $500 [REDUCED] for this one (including shipping in the U.S.), same shipping/payment terms as above. A slabbed 7.0 of this book went for $950+/- on Heritage this year.

Buy all three and I can definitely work something out!

gl6.jpg

Tracy #1. CGC VF- (7.5). C/OW pages. No restoration. Horrible scan, I know.

Surprisingly few of these have been slabbed to date (10), and you'd think there would be more. 8.5 is the highest out there (2 copies) and there are 2 8.0s.

I'd like $275 for this. I'll eat U.S. shipping/insurance as per the above shipping/payment terms.

dicktracya.jpg

dicktracyb.jpg

If on any of these, if you absolutely posititutely need to pay by paypal CC, we can discuss. I just don't want to squeeezed on fees, I'm not trying to steal anyone's money.