• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Iron Man #1 (1968)

12 posts in this topic

Hey guys. It would be fantastic if I could get some more opinions on the grade of this book other than just mine. I was thinking that I'd probably send it in to be graded within the next few days anyway. My father is actually the original owner. That's right, a twelve cent investment. Thanks!

2870df4af3.jpg

23f17db95c.jpg

Hi! It looks pretty good, but there's stains on both sides which will hurt the technical grade. I agree with 4.5.

If you're planning to resell it, definitely not worth the cost or time to slab.

Is there a consensus among you guys that it wouldn't be worth it to get it graded if I were going to ebay it?

Yeah, I think your cost to grade it (plus shipping/etc) would eat up about half your profit, and I doubt the book would see much difference in final selling price. Definitely wouldn't bother.

If the book has any sentimental value for you or your dad, maybe hang onto it? OS Guide value for a VG #1 is $70, and I doubt you'd even get that much on ebay. Just my 2c:shy:

Yeah, I was considering just holding onto it for a while actually. As far as Iron Man goes, he has some Tales of Suspense and then Iron Man 1-12. I got into comics a few years ago and I bagged and boarded them to keep them from decaying any further. They spent most of their lifetime stacked and wrapped in a plastic grocery bag in a humid basement that did flood at one point. Thanks for the opinions guys.