• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Can't Believe I Did This

18 posts in this topic

So I see a CGC 9.2 copy of a book I've been looking for and I place the minimum bid of $14.95 thinking "What the heck, at that price I can't go wrong."

I completely forget about the auction, then last night I actually win the thing. So now you're thinking "What's the problem?" The problem is that because this was a low value book I BOUGHT THE LABEL and didn't bother to view the larger scans or read the description. So now I'm stuck with one of the worst 9.2 books I've ever seen. 893frustrated.gifforeheadslap.gifsorry.gif

Practice what you preach. Practice what you preach. Practice what you preach. Practice what you preach. Practice what you preach......................

I think the book is clean? It's just that transparency magnification effect perpetrated by scanning?

Well, I've got that issue and I've never seen anything like that on mine, white paper or no. Our climate is a bit cooler than yours, so your mileage may vary.

Hello,

OldGuy, I sent you a PM about this, since this is my book. Did you get it?

Thanks,

Michael

Michael has very generously offered to let me back out on the auction. I've accepted his kind offer and will in turn be paying his listing and final value fees. Thanks for the offer Michael. I wouldn't have asked to back out so I'm glad you're a member here and were nice enough to make the offer. thumbsup2.gif

I promise that the next time we do business that we'll actually do business. foreheadslap.gif

Reneging bastich. mad.gif

I didn't renege, Michael offered to let me back out and I accepted. I fully intended on paying for the auction and never even considered not paying until I Michael offered me the opportunity.