• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worst Mainstream Character Storyline Ever and Why?

64 posts in this topic

Somehow, in space, Black Panther is not just able to jump on the Surfer's board and pin his arm behind his back, but he also says something like "I can snap your arm off". Come on! This this the Silver Surfer with the Power Cosmic"! He could have blasted T'Challa in a nano-second without blinking!

Man, am I glad I don't buy Moderns anymore. doh!

I know that's your "war cry", but comic books are like movies, novels, T.V. shows, and other forms of entertainment. There is some of the best stuff ever out there right now, you just have to wade through a lot of :censored: to get to the good stuff. Remember, when the "good" stuff from the Bronze & Silver age were being put out, there was also a lot of dreck being published at the same time. Just like today. I read comics, I do not invest in them. There will always be bad story lines :pullhair:

I am soooooo digging many titles these days, like Iron fist, Cap, Punisher (Max), Fables, DMZ, Y, Authority, Invincible, and many others!

Remember, when the "good" stuff from the Bronze & Silver age were being put out, there was also a lot of dreck being published at the same time.

Sure, but it cost me a quarter a shot to find out. At current prices, I'd much rather buy a vintage comic book instead.

Remember, when the "good" stuff from the Bronze & Silver age were being put out, there was also a lot of dreck being published at the same time.

Sure, but it cost me a quarter a shot to find out. At current prices, I'd much rather buy a vintage comic book instead.

this is where friends with a nice TPB collection come in really handy.

thanks, Chris! :hi:

Come on man, it's called inflation.

I'm sure you know, Bronze Age was a bigger miss than Moderns are. So, ask Marvel & DC for that quarter back (w/ interest).

By the way on your way through the 80's, don't forget to tell Judith Light that she's the hottest lady ever.

Pat

D.C. s the Warlord. the most recent incarnation from last year that lasted 8 or 9 issues or so. I gave up on the 3d or 4th issue. Man that was such a letdown. I am a huge Mike Grell fan and loved the 70s series really hoped that the new series would tie up some old loose ends from the original. This new series was completly unreadable and the art was horrible. Did Travis Morgan ever show up in this series?

Come on man, it's called inflation.

Wow, it's like I'm the only person on here who understands math. lollol

If as followtheleader here believes, that ONLY inflation is responsible for the rampant price increases to comics, which far exceed any other similar consumable...

Then why aren't comics currently priced at between $1 and $1.15, which they would be if inflation was the cause? hm

By the way on your way through the 80's, don't forget to tell Judith Light that she's the hottest lady ever.

By the way, why don't you go kick your Math teacher in the nads. lol

If as followtheleader here believes, that ONLY inflation is responsible for the rampant price increases to comics, which far exceed any other similar consumable...

Then why aren't comics currently priced at between $1 and $1.15, which they would be if inflation was the cause? hm

well they would be, if we were just talking about the materials needed to produce the comic. creator salaries - or at least the baseline of same - have outstripped inflation, or at least more closely aligned with what they should have been all along

creator salaries - or at least the baseline of same - have outstripped inflation

Exactly my point. Creator salaries mushroomed in the early-90's speculator era, and it's even though sales are now less than 10% of that era, it's tough to put the genie back in the bottle.

So the only answer is to jack prices up astronomically, and ask the aging readership to open their wallets even more.

Somehow, in space, Black Panther is not just able to jump on the Surfer's board and pin his arm behind his back, but he also says something like "I can snap your arm off". Come on! This this the Silver Surfer with the Power Cosmic"! He could have blasted T'Challa in a nano-second without blinking!

Man, am I glad I don't buy Moderns anymore. doh!

And yet you still hang out in the moderns forum trying to convince people you don't read moderns, lies, blah blah blah! If you don't like them then go back to people who appreciate those so called golden years while you ramble about how good it used to be paying a quarter for dreck instead of three dollars for newer dreck and spouting off witty one liners while each day you die a little more inside.

I hope in twenty years I can pretend I don't enjoy something I used to. *snore*

Oh yeah, Surfer vs. Panther was hilarious, albeit unintentionally. Nothing like taking one of your worst characters and mixing it up with one of your best and convincing everybody that it's an equal fight.

Worst character storyline by far was Gwen Stacy pregnant and the upcoming One More Day storyline, nothing like taking a literal dump on one of your flagship characters once a month, now it's three times a month.

Clone Saga, Maximum Clonage, Heroes Reborn, the entire Onslaught Saga, House of M, Infinity Crusade, all worthy of the hall of shame. I think the approriate line here is man I wish I DIDN'T buy moderns anymore. Shame.

blah blah blah! If you don't like them then go back to people who appreciate those so called golden years while you ramble about how good it used to be paying a quarter for dreck instead of three dollars for newer dreck and spouting off witty one liners while each day you die a little more inside.

:applause: Good stuff. :insane:

Somehow, in space, Black Panther is not just able to jump on the Surfer's board and pin his arm behind his back, but he also says something like "I can snap your arm off". Come on! This this the Silver Surfer with the Power Cosmic"! He could have blasted T'Challa in a nano-second without blinking! :makepoint::pullhair:

Tell me the writer at least put a spacesuit on him....

Worst character storyline by far was Gwen Stacy pregnant and the upcoming One More Day storyline, nothing like taking a literal dump on one of your flagship characters once a month, now it's three times a month.

Clone Saga, Maximum Clonage, Heroes Reborn, the entire Onslaught Saga, House of M, Infinity Crusade, all worthy of the hall of shame. I think the approriate line here is man I wish I DIDN'T buy moderns anymore. Shame.

What was wrong with Onslaught? It's what came immediately after that sucked.

Maximum Clonage was part of the Clone Saga. Are you going to include every other minor arc as well? :screwy::baiting: MC was one of the high points, actually.

The Clone Saga is certainly deserving of being in the Hall of Shame. I don't think it was the worst idea at the beginning, or horrible all the way through, but once it was clear they had no timeline or ending planned... doh! doh! doh! But the "101 Ways to End the Clone Saga" 1-shot was pretty funny.

You're not referring to the Jae Lee 12-part Inhumans mini, are you? That was an amazing mini series. I do recall an Inhumans series that made it like 3 or 4 issues. Odd pencils and little substance to the story.

Pat

One of the best Marvel minis. EVER!!! (thumbs u (worship):cloud9:

regards