• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay seller to avoid: jazzbass825

25 posts in this topic

Sorry to hear about your experience with this seller. When I got back into collecting in 2000 I also hit eBay pretty hard, but fortunately had only one bad experience that wasn't too costly.

Nowadays if I'm going to bid on a raw book I always ask the seller a somewhat extensive list of questions about the book, and this list has helped me weed out some books that I might have otherwise bid on.

I agree with the folks on this thread and think that in general graded books are the way to go on eBay, but I have found some great deals on raw books over the years!

Ebay is good for low priced bronze age stuff, because you can still get lucky and get a real near mint bronze age book at a bargain price and not be to upset if your ten dollar winning bid does`nt pan out ,but the unslabed silver age stuff has way to much potential for heartbreak. :(

I, for the most part, stick with CGC books on ebay... unless the raw copy (as said before) is coming from an absolute LEGIT seller.. otherwise as someone else stated.. go to shows.. you cant get ripped off there (well.. most of the time! lol )

I've got my ticket to the Toronto show next weekend. (thumbs u