• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

House of Mystery 179 CGC 9.6 Oakland $15,000!!

76 posts in this topic

LINK

One and only top census copy. Does anyone know if this is a recent resub to a higher grade? I kinda think it's a somewhat questionable 9.6 what with spine stress, very small bottom right corner wear, and what appears to me as wear at the bottom staple. What do you all think??

Yes, it looks a bit weak for a 9.6, but it is a pedigree and I believe that Mile High must submit a ton of books as well. At least it looks better than that GL #76 9.0 that sold in the HA at the beginnign of August.

No, its not a pedigree. it is only a "From the collection of" Like the Joe and Nadia Manarino (sic)

LINK

One and only top census copy. Does anyone know if this is a recent resub to a higher grade? I kinda think it's a somewhat questionable 9.6 what with spine stress, very small bottom right corner wear, and what appears to me as wear at the bottom staple. What do you all think??

Yes, it looks a bit weak for a 9.6, but it is a pedigree and I believe that Mile High must submit a ton of books as well. At least it looks better than that GL #76 9.0 that sold in the HA at the beginnign of August.

No, its not a pedigree. it is only a "From the collection of" Like the Joe and Nadia Manarino (sic)

Collections are located under the book title, like on this one.

Pedigree names are located on the right hand middle of the label, beneath the grade iirc

Pass the crack pipe.

Trust me, I've sold tons of HOM books, and I am that title's #1 fan. No way in hades will that book sell for that. If it does, there definitely won't be enough collector interest to sustain the value. HOS #92 will be luckly to break $25k in my lifetime for a 9.8 copy (which still hasn't surfaced).

I think the seller is testing the waters thats for sure and I can't say I blame him or her since I will be doing the same thing when I sell my books! Ultra high grade DC SA/BA books have been selling for staggering sums lately! You can pretty much throw out the guide with books like this!

Ultra high grade DC SA/BA books have been selling for staggering sums lately! You can pretty much throw out the guide with books like this!

Not lately and yes, but we also don't throw out common sense either (at least I don't).

HOM #181?

I am sure Bronty was referring to Hulk 181 CGC 9.9, the lone top census copy.

Trust me, I've sold tons of HOM books, and I am that title's #1 fan. No way in hades will that book sell for that. If it does, there definitely won't be enough collector interest to sustain the value. HOS #92 will be luckly to break $25k in my lifetime for a 9.8 copy (which still hasn't surfaced).

Yes, the only BA issue I could see toppling that $25K figure would have to be a future GL #76 9.8 or the Hulk 181 9.9

If it gets a 9.8, I believe its the first $100,000.00 bronze age book

I don't think I'll live long enough to see a BA book hit that figure (tsk) .

Fully agree, definately not in my lifetime

If it gets a 9.8, I believe its the first $100,000.00 bronze age book

I don't think I'll live long enough to see a BA book hit that figure (tsk) .

Fully agree, definately not in my lifetime

:headbang: