• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Affordable Byrne Original X-Men Comic Art Still Out There (on eBay no less....)

23 posts in this topic

Scott Williams did the re-inking.

I'm sorry but I don't even know who Scott Williams is...

He's one of the best inkers working today...or in the last 15 years.

He is wonderfully talented and I would trust him with any job whatsoever.

I also consider Scott a good friend of mine in this hobby and I have alot of respect for him both personally and professionally.

That being said, I would never have anyone but the original inker or artist touch a piece of art.

Chris

I'll try and remember his name and keep an eye out for his work.

That said, a lot of art is retouched/restoured by artists who were not the original creators (think about all the art by dead artists). If it's done competently, why should it make a difference just because it's comic art?

Perhaps it shouldn't but I don't think a bright line rule can be drawn here. Art appreciation is subjective, obviously.

Scott Williams did the re-inking.

I'm sorry but I don't even know who Scott Williams is...

He's one of the best inkers working today...or in the last 15 years.

He is wonderfully talented and I would trust him with any job whatsoever.

I also consider Scott a good friend of mine in this hobby and I have alot of respect for him both personally and professionally.

That being said, I would never have anyone but the original inker or artist touch a piece of art.

Chris

I'll try and remember his name and keep an eye out for his work.

He inks just about anything Jim Lee does (thumbs u

-Bob