• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tales of Suspense 39 9.0 for sale....

24 posts in this topic

Here is a raw high grade on eBay:

Looks like a VF(8.0) though...

TOS 39

Edit: Blazing Bob has a CGC 8.0 ow/w for $3200

I wish people would stop using that black outline, especially along the right edge. No way to judge the condition of the edge from the scan. frown.gif

I sold two 'openly trimmed' copies earlier this year on Ebay, I will have to check who I sold them too!

I also sold a CGC 8.5 copy which was also trimmed, to an Ebayer who has very high feedback, but may do the 'Hammer' trick and sell the books as HG unslabbed and not release the resto. It really pizzes me off when they do this, but I am always catious when buying Raw key issues nowadays.

Someone with HG key issues MUST know about CGC and MUST know how much more they would receive by slabbing. Whether you agree with slabbing or not, your there to make as much as you can, so why has it not been slabbed?

PLOD!

I sold two 'openly trimmed' copies earlier this year on Ebay, I will have to check who I sold them too!

I also sold a CGC 8.5 copy which was also trimmed, to an Ebayer who has very high feedback, but may do the 'Hammer' trick and sell the books as HG unslabbed and not release the resto. It really pizzes me off when they do this, but I am always catious when buying Raw key issues nowadays.

Someone with HG key issues MUST know about CGC and MUST know how much more they would receive by slabbing. Whether you agree with slabbing or not, your there to make as much as you can, so why has it not been slabbed?

PLOD!

I would rather buy one cgc'd for that same reason you just mentioned. Buying raw can be a very expensive lesson if you are not dealing with an honest seller. It would be foolish for someone to buy this kind of book from someone unslabbed unless that seller had a stellar reputation. Thanks for the info so far everyone. Keep it coming! thumbsup2.gif

I hope you are prepared to pay in the $6,000-7,000 range.

One was offered on eBay a few months ago and had Cream to Off-White Page and had bids over $6K and didn't hit reserve. I believe it was pulled prior to the auction ending (probably worked out a cash / trade deal).

In my opinion I wouldn't get hung up on the VF/NM grade. I have a CGC VF- copy (but unfortunately it has a slight amount of glue on spine which of course I didn't know about when I bought it 12 years ago).

boo.gif

Because of the colors of the book and the fact that it seems that most of the wear on VF or better copies are right on the side of the spine (like mine), this book (IMO) tends to have great eye appeal in the VF or better range. In other words, unlike a dark cover book that shows all the flaws, this book does not.

Just my thoughts.

Good Luck.

One was offered on eBay a few months ago and had Cream to Off-White Page and had bids over $6K and didn't hit reserve. I believe it was pulled prior to the auction ending (probably worked out a cash / trade deal).

In my opinion I wouldn't get hung up on the VF/NM grade. I have a CGC VF- copy (but unfortunately it has a slight amount of glue on spine which of course I didn't know about when I bought it 12 years ago).

boo.gif

Because of the colors of the book and the fact that it seems that most of the wear on VF or better copies are right on the side of the spine (like mine), this book (IMO) tends to have great eye appeal in the VF or better range. In other words, unlike a dark cover book that shows all the flaws, this book does not.

Just my thoughts.

Good Luck.

sumo.gifI have decided to grab one in 9.0 but i have seen many in the 8.0 8.5 range and they look nice too. I want a "clean copy" though which means No writing, no datestamp on the front at least, No other notes at all. I have decided on 3 books in the same grade and they are....

X men 1 smirk.gif

journey into mystery 83 smile.gif

tales of suspense 39 grin.gif

any of these in 9.0 but would like to have the suspense most.

thanks for your input. flowerred.gifSend a scan if you can.

boo.gif

Just my thoughts.

Good Luck.

sumo.gifI have decided to grab one in 9.0 but i have seen many in the 8.0 8.5 range and they look nice too. I want a "clean copy" though which means No writing, no datestamp on the front at least, No other notes at all. I have decided on 3 books in the same grade and they are....

X men 1 smirk.gif

journey into mystery 83 smile.gif

tales of suspense 39 grin.gif

any of these in 9.0 but would like to have the suspense most.

thanks for your input. flowerred.gifSend a scan if you can.

Your gonna have to go through me to get a JIM 83 9.0 sumo.gifdevil.gif

Wow X-Men #1, TOS #39 and JIM #83 in 9.0 with no date stamps and nice pages! Easier said than done my friend easier said than done. When you do find one of those it could cost you more than $10,000 and even thats not a given because you will be facing competition. Books like those are mostly locked up in collections and when they do pop up the BSD's of the market gobbel them up. Good luck to you but quite a list I must say.

Ericc123 893frustrated.gif