• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tales of Suspense 39 9.0 for sale....

24 posts in this topic

Wow X-Men #1, TOS #39 and JIM #83 in 9.0 with no date stamps and nice pages! Easier said than done my friend easier said than done. When you do find one of those it could cost you more than $10,000 and even thats not a given because you will be facing competition. Books like those are mostly locked up in collections and when they do pop up the BSD's of the market gobbel them up. Good luck to you but quite a list I must say.

Ericc123 893frustrated.gif

The xmen 1 9.0 has been offered to me by one of the dealers on the boards but I was not in the position at the time to buy it. Journey 83, Bob storms also had one in 9.0 cream to off white 10,000.00 and again could have been bought if I was in that position but I had a 8200.00 bill with him already for a previous purchase. the tales 39 however, has not been offered yet. Figures too, its the one I want the most. 893frustrated.gif In a month or so, I will be on the lookout for one of these babies but hopefully, someone will have it available. This will be my next book. CGCFAN knows! grin.gifIf I can find it, this will be my next book. thumbsup2.gif

Wow X-Men #1, TOS #39 and JIM #83 in 9.0 with no date stamps and nice pages! Easier said than done my friend easier said than done. When you do find one of those it could cost you more than $10,000 and even thats not a given because you will be facing competition. Books like those are mostly locked up in collections and when they do pop up the BSD's of the market gobbel them up. Good luck to you but quite a list I must say.

Ericc123 893frustrated.gif

The xmen 1 9.0 has been offered to me by one of the dealers on the boards but I was not in the position at the time to buy it. Journey 83, Bob storms also had one in 9.0 cream to off white 10,000.00 and again could have been bought if I was in that position but I had a 8200.00 bill with him already for a previous purchase. the tales 39 however, has not been offered yet. Figures too, its the one I want the most. 893frustrated.gif In a month or so, I will be on the lookout for one of these babies but hopefully, someone will have it available. This will be my next book. CGCFAN knows! grin.gifIf I can find it, this will be my next book. thumbsup2.gif

--

And know it i do ! - I know you'll never get one !! 27_laughing.gif

Actually, the advice that has been offered here is good, (heritage, Ebay) but I would also try the less obvious choices. I know you can put in wants lists with various dealers...Mike, try these guys...they may not have one, but maybe that can give you a lead on one...call them up and ask...

Comgeek

PGC Mint

Motor City Comics

Cedar Chest Comics

And of course, go to a big show and ask around....they may not have one, but may have a lead... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I believe you will be able to find all three of the books in the next 6 months to a year. Being able to agree on a price is a different matter. Obviously, if you are willing to "Pay whatever it takes", than it will be much easier.

Of all three, I would think that the JIM #83 would be the hardest, plus it would probably make the most difference to get in VF/NM than say a VF. Both X-Men #1 and TOS #39 have lighter covers while JIM #83 has a nice brown cover to accentuate all the creases.