• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC/Whitman Variants escape from VCC!

15 posts in this topic

Too many images in the VCC thread, Firefox and/or my ISP just aren't handling it well, so I'm escaping from the VCC into my own little thread.

Nothing here today except DC/Whitman variants and one Modern comic. Reasonable shipping. Paypal accepted for payment. Also will accept trade offers for other DC/Whitman variants but until end of day any outright offer to buy will ruile the day. I have a few other DC/Whitmans that I haven't listed or scanned yet so if you're hunting for that particular issue and it's not below, PM me to inquire!

Let me know what you want and let's seal the deal!

First up here's a great sealed 3-pack DC/Whitman. You know the sealed 3-packs are tough to find. These aren't my images but this shows you what 3-pack it is. $30 BIN

th_whitman3-packbatmanandsuperboy.jpgth_whitman3-packbatmanandsuperboy-back.jpg

Contains three hard-to-find DC/Whitmans in high grade condition!

LEGION OF SUPER HEROES #266

BRAVE AND THE BOLD #165 STARRING BATMAN AND MAN-BAT

DC COMICS PRESENTS #19 STARRING SUPERMAN AND BATGIRL

vengeance squad 5 G+ 1977 BIN $2

th_modernvengeancesquad5-f.jpg

action 482 7.0 FN/VF Apr 1978 no cover price BIN $8

th_whitmanaction482-f.jpg

action 488 6.0 FN Oct 1978 no cover price BIN $7

th_whitmanaction488-f1.jpg

batman 306 5.0 VG/FN Dec 1978 BIN $5

th_whitmanbatman306-f.jpg

batman 307 5.0 VG/FN Jan 1979 BIN $5

th_whitmanbatman307-f2.jpg

brave and bold 147 5.5 FN- Feb 1979 BIN $7

th_whitmanbraveandbold147-f1.jpg

superboy 247 5.0 VG/FN Jan 1979 BIN $5

th_whitmansuperboy247-f1.jpg

superfriends 14 4.5 VG+ Oct/Nov 1978 BIN $5

th_whitmansuperfriends14-f2.jpg

superfriends 20 3.5 VG- May 1979 BIN $6

th_whitmansuperfriends20-f.jpg

superfriends 25 6.5 FN+ Oct 1979 BIN $8

th_whitmansuperfriends25-f.jpg

superman 325 6.5 FN+ Jul 1978 no cover price BIN $7

th_whitmansuperman325-f2.jpg

superman 327 5.5 FN- Sep 1978 no cover price BIN $5

th_whitmansuperman327-f.jpg

superman 330 6.0 FN Dec 1978 BIN $7

th_whitmansuperman330-f.jpg

superman 331 3.5 VG- Jan 1979 edge chips, trimmed? BIN $1

th_whitmansuperman331-f1.jpg

superman 338 6.0 FN Aug 1979 BIN $6

th_whitmansuperman338-f1.jpg

superman 338 7.5 VF- Aug 1979 BIN $8

th_whitmansuperman338-f2.jpg

You wouldn't happen to have a Whitman variant of Sgt. Rock #329 would you? I'm looking for a nice 9.0 if you have one.

Thanks

Shep

Have you got a low grade one for sale?

Andy

You wouldn't happen to have a Whitman variant of Sgt. Rock #329 would you? I'm looking for a nice 9.0 if you have one.

Thanks

Shep

Andy

I have a VG copy but I paid quite a bit for it, so yeah, it's for sale but the price would probably leave you cold. It was the most expensive Whitman I've ever bought. :shrug:

Haven't I seen some war comic collector posting a pic of multiple copies of this issue? Who's hoarding these? :sumo:

Thanks

Shep

Andy

I have a VG copy but I paid quite a bit for it, so yeah, it's for sale but the price would probably leave you cold. It was the most expensive Whitman I've ever bought. :shrug:

Haven't I seen some war comic collector posting a pic of multiple copies of this issue? Who's hoarding these? :sumo:

:hi:

Thanks

Shep

Andy

:hi:

Aha! Knock it off! :sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo:

All three of those look nicer than my copy! :frustrated:

I had another copy at one time that was advertised and bought as VF, but returned it because it was probably barely Good. doh!

Well, congrats to both of you for finding any copies at all. :golfclap:

Warlord, if you could PM me the price of that one copy, that'll help me make my decision. (thumbs u

Andy

3rocks.jpg

So, hn interested in letting one go?

Hey, quit poaching in my thread! I get first dibs on a nice copy! :sumo::gossip:

:baiting:

So are you a Whitman variant collector? Or another one of these war comic collectors treading into variant turf? I'm looking for Whitmans to buy or trade too! I need fewer than 10 issues to have them all, plus there are at least as many that I'd like to upgrade. LMK!

3rocks.jpg

So, hn interested in letting one go?

none are for sale at the moment, especially in Wayne's thread. I just could not resist posting the pic again when he asked about the hoard.

Sorry Wayne, no malice intended. Someone buy Warlords books--Whitmans are cool.

So to anyone reading this though, I would trade one copy for another specific Whitman on my want list. If you want to trade, PM me what Whitman's you got, and I will tell you if you have the issue I am looking for.

No offense taken. I gave Whovywhatsit the :baiting: graemlin, I was just razzing him in fun. I see he's a fellow Buckeye, so I figured he could take it! lol If I find out he's a Whitman collector that'd be cool!

I seriously don't mind if my thread facilitates deals between other forumites. My gain is that I get my thread bumped and, who knows, that might give me a chance to sell or find some of the Whitmans I'm after!! (thumbs up