• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who's Website is this?

64 posts in this topic

something about a super rich guy having all that stuff makes it not such a big deal to me.

I have always thought that.If price is no concern how much fun is it to collect?There is only so much Ditko OA that I could own.lol

:makepoint::screwy:

Hey Carolina I think its past your bedtime

Is this supposed to be some sort of a joke, because I don't in get it meh

Ill vote for the Dentist as the best collection mostly for the top books. I dont know how extensive his runs are anymore or how many titles he has that are comparable to his Bats and Supeses. But based on having by far the best Tec 27, Action 1 Superman 1 Batman 1 and whatnot else.... th erest of us are just dabblers.

Ill vote for the Dentist as the best collection mostly for the top books. I dont know how extensive his runs are anymore or how many titles he has that are comparable to his Bats and Supeses. But based on having by far the best Tec 27, Action 1 Superman 1 Batman 1 and whatnot else.... th erest of us are just dabblers.

I agree (thumbs u (thumbs u however I was unaware that he had the top Superman #1 and Bat #1... :news:

the Superman 1 isnt. The Church had color touch which was removed. Its now in a blue 8.0 slab. I dont know which Batman 1 he has but I am confident its at least a 9.0, but I dont remember what I've been told over the years.

just having cash doesnt mean you can have whatever you want! The items may not be for sale at any price! Still have to wait for an opportunity to buy them.

That may be true, but what more does "want". He doesn't have an Action 1 listed on his site, so maybe he needs one of those, but other than that I would say he is pretty much done collecting comic books. He has the highest certified copies of every book he wants.

hi

he has an action 1...a beaut of a cgc 6.5 blue label!...

gator

Rick those books in his "wanted" section that have pictures, are those the ones he currently owns? I saw that Action #1 6.5 and Tec #37 7.5, but I didn't know whether it was his or he was calling out someone to trade with him. Thanks for the help!

-CC

could be...I have not viewed his wanted section recently, but I have seen scans of the action 1 and tec 27, and the grades correspond, so must be...

rick

Best comic collections?...hmmm...that in itself is a subjective and "loaded" question...if you define in terms of quality (i.e. highest grades of important books) then I think for DC, the "dentist" is generally recognized..for Timely, Verzyl hands down (he has virtually the entire Mile High Timely collection)...for general depthness, I would say our own Jon Berk (as far as having all the keys and the other publishers like Fox, Centaur, etc)....

then, you can't forget Geppi (not really sure what he personally has anymore, but his museum is incredible) and there are "new comers' like our own BangZoom that has an incredibly deep collection that until just 6 months ago, no one really even knew about....

just my thoughts

rick

I changed my mind I think Eric Roberts has the best collection.

I could see if you wanted to rate him in the top 10?....but, no where near the top...as mentioned, Verzyl's MH Timelys alone are probably $40million worth...the Dentist , from what I have heard, is in double million range too...ER has a great great collection, but from a depth standpoint, he is not even on the map...from a quality, probably top 10 of the "known" collections...just my opinion...I am not even in the same universe as those folks!

rick

just my opinion...I am not even in the same universe as those folks!

I wouldn't put yourself down too much! Just think, the way you look up to those collectors and collections, most of us here look at your collection in the same way in comparison (thumbs u

just my opinion...I am not even in the same universe as those folks!

I wouldn't put yourself down too much! Just think, the way you look up to those collectors and collections, most of us here look at your collection in the same way in comparison (thumbs u

I agree.Sometimes we all get lost in a number on a plastic slab.Anyone should and would be proud to own what you own.

I could see if you wanted to rate him in the top 10?....but, no where near the top...as mentioned, Verzyl's MH Timelys alone are probably $40million worth...the Dentist , from what I have heard, is in double million range too...ER has a great great collection, but from a depth standpoint, he is not even on the map...from a quality, probably top 10 of the "known" collections...just my opinion...I am not even in the same universe as those folks!

rick

40 million? How many Timelys are there? 400? If so, theyd have to average $100K apiece.

and what does double million mean? Im not arguing, just trying to understand how a small comic collection can add up to 40 million. Thats pretty optimistic I think.

rick

40 million? How many Timelys are there? 400? If so, theyd have to average $100K apiece.

and what does double million mean? Im not arguing, just trying to understand how a small comic collection can add up to 40 million. Thats pretty optimistic I think.

hello all...

the 40 mil quote was verzyl's , at least that is what he estimated its value at, to a group of us in Chicago this month, but he might have meant his entire collection (he did talk about a $850K offer for the MH AA 16 he turned down)...if I am misquoting, my apologies :)

gator