• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who else only collect old blue label CGC books (if graded)

66 posts in this topic

Any old label book DOES stimulate an area of my brain that says "oh- old label book, chance it's undergraded".

Guess I am different then. When I first starting submitted back in 02/03 I used to think damn they are strict. You know what, 4 years later I still feel that.

I know I catch alot of flack from forumites saying whether jokingly or in all seriouness about my books receiveing a bump lol

Yes I agree some old label books appear to have been graded more strict and are easier targets for the flippers (maybe not always) out there, as some examples have been posted around here to prove that. I also feel that PQ should be

1. White

2. Off-White

3. Cream

4. Brittle

Seriosly what the hell is off-white to white, its either white or its not. This is why you have PQ bumps when resubmitting sometimes.

I believe off-white to white refers to the color transition from the edge of the page to the center. Thus the color "range". That's how I interpreted it, anyway.

I believe off-white to white refers to the color transition from the edge of the page to the center. Thus the color "range". That's how I interpreted it, anyway.

Correct.

These designations refer to page quality that changes from the edge of the page to the center.

They are NOT "tweener" designations.

Who else only collect old blue label CGC books (if graded)

No but i have a strong preference for the old label slabs. Aside from all the issues mentioned, i also find them more aesthetically pleasing and compliment the books more. It doesn't stop me buying new label slabs but it has stopped me resubmitting books that i bought with scratched cases or small cracks because they would print up a new label if i sent them back for a new holder.

As far as CGC being less strict now, I say to you go out and submit DC books that you personally think are NM and see what they come back as
9.6s (shrug)

Do they still produce OWL cards? I thought there was a problem re-producing the subtle differences in paper shades with them.

BTW Nik I graded the adventure a 9.0.

Nope, no more OWL cards.