• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Like pirhanas on a slab of fresh meat...

581 posts in this topic

The day Matt discloses pressing in his auctions, is the day you have a comback to Deathlok or anyone else having a poke at Matt.

Do I know you? Didn't think I did. Just for your clarification, Vapor has some kind of axe to grind with me and likes to show off from time to time. His post had nothing to do with Matt and was directed at me and me alone. Just thought I would give you all of the information so that you can make an informed post the next time you choose to.

Scott

Whether you know me, or there is a private agenda happening here, the statement stands true. When I read comments supporting Matt as a comic dealer, it just struck me as being mis-placed.

Re-read my original post. I supported Matt as a nice guy. I did not say I supported pressing. Are you reading different posts than I am? I called someone out for what I thought was an unnecessary snipe when it wasn't needed. You people need to read what the posts say and cease and desist with the creative interpretations. This isn't the Old Testament that we are dealing with.

Scott

Why did the first post have to mention something about the seller? You can think what you want about someone paying 1500 for an Avengers 72....but was it necessary to use the realized price to take a poke at Matt? I think Matt is a nice guy. Pressing is what it is. You can like or dis-like the service he offers, but have a little class when you make a statement like that.

Scott

I agree. Matt is a very nice person. At least when someone wins one of his auctions on eBay, they actually get the book that was pictured, it arrives in a timely manner and he offers a seven day money back refund policy. I find that refreshing after all the "I got screwed" posts as of late. If you're afraid his books are pressed and that bothers you then don't bid on them. Surely we have better things to talk about. Isn't there someone somewhere having an affair?

onfire.gif

It's like we share the same brain! :o

The day Matt discloses pressing in his auctions, is the day you have a comback to Deathlok or anyone else having a poke at Matt.

Well since everyone and their mothers just assume Matt presses every single book he sells, what difference will it make if he discloses or not?

It seems that you have already made up your mind he presses everything to higher grades right, so would it really make a difference or would you buy from him if he did disclose? (shrug)

Sir Nik:

I do have take issue with your assumption that everyone knows who and who does not press books. That may be true in the fishbowl we swim in here.....but there's a much larger universe of collectors who may or may not be privy to the info we take for granted.

Now, I also acknowledge the fact that a percentage of collectors (impossible to ascertain) cares not a hoot about pressing, and just loves the look (not the feel - cause you obviously can't hold it in your hands) of a nicely pressed high grade book. All power to them.

It's the collectors and new arrivees to these boards and the unknowing bidders out there on ebay unfamiliar with the stratagems employed to get a pretty book in a high grade slab, that I'm interested in educating. Once they have that info, it's their call.

Red

Do I know you? Didn't think I did. Just for your clarification, Vapor has some kind of axe to grind with me and likes to show off from time to time. His post had nothing to do with Matt and was directed at me and me alone. Just thought I would give you all of the information so that you can make an informed post the next time you choose to.

Scott

Whether you know me, or there is a private agenda happening here, the statement stands true. When I read comments supporting Matt as a comic dealer, it just struck me as being mis-placed.

Re-read my original post. I supported Matt as a nice guy. I did not say I supported pressing. Are you reading different posts than I am? I called someone out for what I thought was an unnecessary snipe when it wasn't needed. You people need to read what the posts say and cease and desist with the creative interpretations. This isn't the Old Testament that we are dealing with.

Scott

Scott...mate...you made my point.

Based on, Matt the comic book dealer = non-disclosure scumbag.

Matt the friend. well I hear he's a lovely guy, no argument from me.

When people are talking about Matt, and his ebay sales, they're talking Matt the dealer. (thumbs u

Why did the first post have to mention something about the seller? You can think what you want about someone paying 1500 for an Avengers 72....but was it necessary to use the realized price to take a poke at Matt? I think Matt is a nice guy. Pressing is what it is. You can like or dis-like the service he offers, but have a little class when you make a statement like that.

Scott

I agree. Matt is a very nice person. At least when someone wins one of his auctions on eBay, they actually get the book that was pictured, it arrives in a timely manner and he offers a seven day money back refund policy. I find that refreshing after all the "I got screwed" posts as of late. If you're afraid his books are pressed and that bothers you then don't bid on them. Surely we have better things to talk about. Isn't there someone somewhere having an affair?

onfire.gif

Or better yet, ask him if they are pressed. He will respond and promptly. I can understand why people want him to proactively disclose pressing up-front.

And for the record, the one time I did ask Matt about a book, he gave me the info I requested. No problem-o.

Difference between me and many other collectors and bidders is, I knew to ask.

Scott

If someone doesn't understand something the easiest way for them to wrap their brain around it is to blame Matt. I believe he is now included in some of the JFK assassination theories and I heard recently that he may have brought down the twin towers with his heat press.

Not a personal attack on Matt.

1. Matt presses comics. It's part of what he does for a living.

2. A certain percentage* of collectors have a problem with pressed comics and won't buy them.

3. With that in mind, I thought that bidding might have been more conservative than it was.

4. Hence my statement that the final price was nutty, considering who the seller was.

* I won't hazard a guess as to what that percentage is. Don't want to get anyone else riled up. :foryou:

If it helps Drew, I understood the original post. (thumbs u

And for the record, the one time I did ask Matt about a book, he gave me the info I requested. No problem-o.

Difference between me and many other collectors and bidders is, I knew to ask.

Correct on both accounts Red.

Scott

crying.jpg

Hey Vaporlok......suk it buddy. Every time you post, the more I'm convinced what a loser you are, loser. I don't expect you to have any class whenever you post your witticisms, so that statement about class was not directed at you. In case you missed it earlier in this post, I'll repeat it-----suk it.

By the way.....the crying baby pics are so last year, surely you can do better?

Nah.....you can't.

Scott

bph032.jpg

Scott

crying.jpg

Hey Vaporlok......suk it buddy. Every time you post, the more I'm convinced what a loser you are, loser. I don't expect you to have any class whenever you post your witticisms, so that statement about class was not directed at you. In case you missed it earlier in this post, I'll repeat it-----suk it.

Nah.....you can't.

Scott

:signfunny:

Scott

If someone doesn't understand something the easiest way for them to wrap their brain around it is to blame Matt. I believe he is now included in some of the JFK assassination theories and I heard recently that he may have brought down the twin towers with his heat press.

Even the most brain-dead posters on here, know about Matt Nelson and his pressing of comics to achieve higher grades. For you to post that its a myth of some sort, is just plain stupid.

Obviously Matt presses books. But the assumption of the original poster is that every book Matt sells is pressed. Sure, I know Matt presses. But I don't assume that every book Matt has for sale is pressed. Just like I don't assume that everything you post is going to be mean-spirited and argumentative. That may be even more stupid on my part.

No, the original poster clearly did not infer that every book Matt sells is pressed. Go back and read it again.

I don't assume every book Matt sells is pressed and I doubt too many people believe that either. But until it is made clear which specific books he is selling have been pressed, then the question will linger about all of them.

Grasp that distinction and you will begin to understand the dilemma facing both Matt and his potential customers.

Anyway, one thing I am sure of.....Matt is smarter than all of us, because while we spend valuable time debating this, all he does is cash the checks! lol (and I don't mean that as an insult.)

Obviously Matt presses books. But the assumption of the original poster is that every book Matt sells is pressed. Sure, I know Matt presses. But I don't assume that every book Matt has for sale is pressed. Just like I don't assume that everything you post is going to be mean-spirited and argumentative. That may be even more stupid on my part.

The original poster never implied that. The fact is Matt does press books to get them higher grades. So the original poster was making the assumption that you never know what books have been pressed and what books haven't. So to spend that kind of money on book from someone who is known to press books is kinda crazy considering it could just be a 9.4/9.6.

Scott

crying.jpg

Nah.....you can't.

Scott

bph032.jpg

Vaporsuk,

Wow.....this still is not funny. Try posting it, I don't know....37 more times and maybe it will be funny by then. Loser.

Scott