• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Anyone sold a car on ebay Motors?

39 posts in this topic

I have not sold a car on eBay Motors, but I bought one last year.

I won't say that the car was without problems, but at the price that I got it for it was worth it.

I bought a 2000 ELECTRIC GREEN Mustang Convertible for 5655. The car was about 40 miles away so I went down and they let me take it for a day to have a mechanic inspect it. The car ended up needing more work than I had hoped it would, but not too bad. I put 2000+ into repairs, drove it for a year until the car that I had been waiting for was finally available and was able to sell it to a friend for his son for 5500.

I now have a 2007 VW EOS ( Hardtop Convertible with Sunroof) Most everyone who sees it thinks the car is a TRANSFORMER To bring the thread back to a Comics topic

On this topic...I need to buy a car this weekend. Going to look for something slightly used, preferably a station-wagon style like Toyota Matrix, Subaru Forester, etc.

I'm in eastern MA - anyone (Nik?) know of any honest, upfront dealers (or any I should avoid)? PM me if you prefer. Advice humbly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jason

Honestly they are all about the same.

Subaru is not bad, stay away from the 3.0L

Also Volvo V70 and 850 wagons are pretty reliable.

Can not go wrong with a Toyota

Honestly they are all about the same.

Subaru is not bad, stay away from the 3.0L

Also Volvo V70 and 850 wagons are pretty reliable.

Can not go wrong with a Toyota

Or a good ol' /6!

dart.jpg

I've put 100k of the last 173,000 miles on it, and still running strong! Bought at a junkyard for $800. :headbang:

Nik - does your mechanic deal in vintage Mopars at all? Eventually when the body cancer gets overwhelming I'll need a replacement.

Getting back to the question at hand, I've sold parts and a moped through the local WantAdvertiser, always involving local inspection and pickup with nary a problem, I haven't used ebay.

I've sold two vehicles on ebay - including one that didn't currently meet CA smog requirements and would need work before being able to register. I was happy both times - I got top dollar for a low mileage 10 year old Honda Civic - and while I had a couple of guys test drive it - the winning bidder boought it based on a thorough description and LOTS of pictures. The other vehicle , a 15 year old BMW convertible - I sold for a cash offer to the second guy that looked at it - ending the auction early. I got a fair, if not great price - but the car had issues and I was leaving town in 5 days.

If you live in a more remote area - it may be a bit harder to sell - but that's always the case. I recommend lots of pictures, and a very thorough description of the flaws - you will be asked for them anyway - and you will be innundated by offers to end the auction early for a set price, even if you have a BIN already.

I sold my Viper on Ebay 6 months ago to a guy in Chicago...It sold in 2 days...He overnighted the cashiers check and arranged for the car to be picked up. I then bought an Escalade from a Texas dealer on Ebay. Last year I bought a DTS Cadillac from a dealer in New York,and 5 years ago bought a '72 Cutlass on Ebay from a guy in Philly. All the deals were problem free. As a seller of the car I seem to remember it only cost me $100 to sell the Viper for $42K. It helps that there weren't 10 of the same car up for sale at the same time too. Good Luck with it,hopefully everything'll go smooth for you! Joey

I sold my old Corvette via ebay...the bidding didn't hit my reserve price, but I was contacted after the auction by an interested buyer. The buyer sent me a bank check for the whole amount, and then arranged to have it shipped cross country. A wonderful transaction for both parties! I recommend giving Ebay a shot...

Excellent.

What year was your 'vette?

It was a black 77 (stingray style) with a heavily warmed over motor. It was very very fast and got horrific gas mileage lol.

It was such a freakin' money pit though, that I finally decided to get rid of it...fun car though. :cloud9:

I've bought two cars.a 1971 Ford LTD and a 1985 Audi 4000S. It turned out both were from the same dealership selling under different accounts. Both went very smoothly.I put my Jensen Healy up and ended up pulling it after getting attacked for having too many non-original parts on the car.