• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The old MARVEL MONSTERS

21 posts in this topic

Besides superhero comics I also collect those old MARVEL MONSTER books. Monsters like GOOM, GROOT, and FIN FANG FOOM were all favorites of mine. TALES OF SUSPENSE, STRANGE TALES, TALES TO ASTONISH, and all the rest with monsters I collect. Love reading um all. I know some of these monsters were brought back in some of the superhero stories later on. Would any of you know what issues they appeared in? Any of the monsters, not just the ones I've mentoned above.

As an Iron Man fan I love Fing Fang Foom too. He appeared in an earlier issue of the current series. Somewhere before issue #25 so if you don't want to shell out alot of money for a good Fing Fang Foom story look for that one.

Eric

fing fang foom has appeared in several iron man issues

Thats right, I forgot about those. Haven't read them in a while. Wasn't it that the Mandrain had something to do with it?

(I corrected the title. Seems I aquired super speed powers enabling me to type faster then my computer can put the words up.) grin.gif

Correction: looks like those FFF stories were around IM 270 ("Dragon Seed Saga"). Nice FFF cover on 274. eric123 makes a good point about the current series as well.

ALSO: regarding astonishing tales, I should have mentioned that while only 23,24 have FFF 21-24 all have Colossus, from Tales of Suspense fame. 23,24 are colossus/fff battles!

Dan

Correction: looks like those FFF stories were around IM 270 ("Dragon Seed Saga"). Nice FFF cover on 274. eric123 makes a good point about the current series as well.

ALSO: regarding astonishing tales, I should have mentioned that while only 23,24 have FFF 21-24 all have Colossus, from Tales of Suspense fame. 23,24 are colossus/fff battles!

Dan

The colossus from AT appeared in Tales of Suspense? Are we talking pre-Iron Man? I always got a kick out of old Fin Fang Foom? Who's his tailor?

An early Defenders(#12?) features an old 50s/60s monster something the Titan. Xemo or something like that, and that bad guy is joined by a bunch of others in Hulk annual#5- at least I hope they were from prehero Marvel. With names like Blip and Goom thet certainly should have been. Also right after the Wolverine issues of the Hulk a monster named sleeping.gifax appeared in a book calledReturn of the living Dynamo, so he might be one that you are interested in. HULK183?

Oh right, and Xemnu the Titan also appeared in early Defenders, eg Marvel Feature 2.

Yup, colossus had a couple of cover appearances in TOS pre Iron Man

I thought it was #3? thumbsup2.gif

In Hulk 183 and 166 Blitz/Dynamo...

In Hulk 121 129 The Glob

Ann 5 so many... smirk.gif

Annual 5 is an excellent book!

Kirby cover, Claremont writing, S Buscema interiors AND Goom, Groot, Blip, Taboo, and others.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Is that electric monster that HULK fights sometimes, is it from the older monster stories? I don't know its name. Called something like Zap or Zzzz.

Does anyone know if the ANT-MAN villain SCARLET BEETLE was one of these older monsters brought back to fight a superhero. Or was it just made up for the Ant-Man stories.

Is that electric monster that HULK fights sometimes, is it from the older monster stories? I don't know its name. Called something like Zap or Zzzz.

Does anyone know if the ANT-MAN villain SCARLET BEETLE was one of these older monsters brought back to fight a superhero. Or was it just made up for the Ant-Man stories.

Yes to your first question

Idunna know to the second.

Scarlet Beetle made his first appearance in Tales to Astonish #39. That would lead me believe that he was created especially to be an Ant-Man villain.