• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore CGC FORUM DINNER...I've got a suggestion...'old school' anyone?

53 posts in this topic

Gang,

Looking through the thread on the dinners, it's becoming apparent that we don't have a venue yet.

If anyone is interested, I'd like to throw the following on the table for discussion.

My place.

BBQ.

Keg.

Old school.

Chrisco and FT88 have been out to my place before (it's actually bigger now, boys) and can tell you it's a nice area.

I've got a decent size home with a nice backyard.

We can either BBQ or get food catered.

I've got a fully stocked bar in my basement, and (gasp) an actual 'movie theatre' for your enjoyment, if you wish.

My place isn't HUGE, but we can fit 40 people comfortable in the backyard, probably more.

There's also a nice italian resturaunt just 2 blocks up the street where we could probably make reservations in the back, if need be.

But if you guys are up for it, the only hiccup in the giddyup is that I live 25 min. away from the convention center.

So we'd have to drive out to my place after the show.

The plus to all this, is that we can do this all pretty inexpensive.

Just a suggestion, if we still can't find a decent place in the inner harbor that can give us peace and quiet.

Plus, we can show off our NICE books without worrying about bringing them into an eatery.

Always wanted to do a "Comics & Cocktails" kind of thing anyway.

Gang,

Looking through the thread on the dinners, it's becoming apparent that we don't have a venue yet.

If anyone is interested, I'd like to throw the following on the table for discussion.

My place.

BBQ.

Keg.

Old school.

Chrisco and FT88 have been out to my place before (it's actually bigger now, boys) and can tell you it's a nice area.

I've got a decent size home with a nice backyard.

We can either BBQ or get food catered.

I've got a fully stocked bar in my basement, and (gasp) an actual 'movie theatre' for your enjoyment, if you wish.

My place isn't HUGE, but we can fit 40 people comfortable in the backyard, probably more.

There's also a nice italian resturaunt just 2 blocks up the street where we could probably make reservations in the back, if need be.

But if you guys are up for it, the only hiccup in the giddyup is that I live 25 min. away from the convention center.

So we'd have to drive out to my place after the show.

The plus to all this, is that we can do this all pretty inexpensive.

Just a suggestion, if we still can't find a decent place in the inner harbor that can give us peace and quiet.

Plus, we can show off our NICE books without worrying about bringing them into an eatery.

Always wanted to do a "Comics & Cocktails" kind of thing anyway.

Rich a heckuva idea and a very nice thing for you to do.

Verily I say!

Sounds like a plan to me.

Coors Lite...?

Concensus!

If Borock, Litch and the other CGC guys are reading this, talk amongst yourselves...let me know what you think.

The only downside that I see, is the road trip 25 min. in, 25 min. back to your respective hotels.

I THINK that a shuttle bus can probably be procured, but I know next to nothing about that stuff.

Coors Lite...?

(worship) (worship) (worship)

That way there's a small chance I can have a few and still have time to sober up before I hit the road.

Hmmm...on second thought, maybe I should just take some anabuse and avoid any chance of trouble. hm:grin:

Honestly...you know what...

I just talked with the wife, and she's 100% OKAY with it.

I'm thinking if everyone throws in $10 per. head, that can cover (gasp) beer, food, any table or chair rental that I need...additional liquor....

Pretty damn cost efficient.

And my neighbor has a tent I can borrow...granted, it's not a HUGE tent, but it's a canopy nonetheless...and we can use it.

I have no vehicle so would need a ride back to the airport area from a sober person. If not I can just go try and hit the baseball game.

I'm thinking if everyone throws in $10 per. head, that can cover (gasp) beer, food, any table or chair rental that I need...additional liquor....

If this is they way we end up going, I suggest everyone pitch in $20. Anything extra can go towards Rich's Bmore Con table fund for putting this thing on. (thumbs u

I live South of the Convention Center.

I pumped it into mapquest...they say 39 minutes, but I've made the trip in 30.

I guess it all depends on how fast you go.

But if this pans out, what I will do is draw up a map.

The mapquest gives good directions, but there's some back roads to make it even quicker.

And again, if a shuttle bus turns out to be best for people, I'm sure we can figure that out. I just don't want anyone driving all that way back and getting into an accident because I got them liquored up at my place :(

1: Start out going EAST on W PRATT ST toward S CHARLES ST. <0.1 miles

2: Turn RIGHT onto LIGHT ST / MD-2 S. 0.1 miles

3: Turn RIGHT onto E CONWAY ST. 0.3 miles

4: Take I-395 S. 0.7 miles

5: Merge onto I-95 S via the exit on the LEFT toward WASHINGTON. 3.5 miles

6: Merge onto I-695 N / BALTIMORE BELTWAY INNER LOOP via EXIT 49B toward I-70 / TOWSON. 5.2 miles

7: Merge onto I-70 W via EXIT 16 toward FREDERICK. 8.8 miles

8: Take the MARRIOTTSVILLE ROAD exit- EXIT 83. 0.2 miles

9: Take the MARRIOTTSVILLE ROAD NORTH ramp. <0.1 miles

10: Merge onto MARRIOTTSVILLE RD. 3.5 miles

11: Turn LEFT onto MARRIOTTSVILLE RD 2. 2.1 miles

12: Turn LEFT onto RIDGE RD. 1.5 miles

13: Turn LEFT onto SLACKS RD. 0.2 miles

14: Turn LEFT onto MACBETH WAY. 0.2 miles

15: Turn RIGHT onto BRIMFIELD CIR. 0.1 miles

16: End at 1668 Brimfield Cir

Eldersburg, MD 21784-5939, US