• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore CGC FORUM DINNER...I've got a suggestion...'old school' anyone?

53 posts in this topic

happy to pitch in an extra twenty if it means we don't have to drink any Coors or Miller products.

any local microbreweries around? i would think a pony keg would be enough beer for 40 comic nerds

There's actually lots of options...there's microbrews, we can get a keg from a local pub...there's also a mega liquor/beer store 2 blocks up, where we can get all sorts of stuff...but I can ask them for a list of whatever they carry in kegs, and post it.

Called the beer store by the house.

Here's what they've got in keg.

Blue Moon

Yingling, Coors Lite, Miller, Sam Adams in stock.

Anything else, we'd have to order. (but we'd have to make a decsion quick, it's about a week out to order)

Here's a few that I think are good.

Backfin

Lancaster

Flying Dog (a good one!)

Hopholocost

Dog Fish Head (another good one!)

happy to pitch in an extra twenty if it means we don't have to drink any Coors or Miller products.

any local microbreweries around? i would think a pony keg would be enough beer for 40 comic nerds

Beer snob :sick:

look, just because you two clueless fools don't know good beer from the effluence of Little Sugar Creek doesn't make me a snob.

i'm trying to support the local economy here, not drink with my pinkie extended

Blue Moon

Anything else, we'd have to order. (but we'd have to make a decsion quick, it's about a week out to order)

Backfin

Lancaster

Flying Dog (a good one!)

Hopholocost

let's go with a local. (thumbs u

Blue Moon

Backfin

Lancaster

Flying Dog (a good one!)

Hopholocost

Oh Man! Let's pony up for the Dog Fish Head 60-minute and get wasted!!!!! It's 9-10%. Blue Moon works for me as well.

I'm assuming when you said "you two" in your previous post, you were referring to Arex. :grin:

I know good beer.

Blue Moon

Backfin

Lancaster

Flying Dog (a good one!)

Hopholocost

Oh Man! Let's pony up for the Dog Fish Head 60-minute and get wasted!!!!! It's 9-10%. Blue Moon works for me as well.

I'm assuming when you said "you two" in your previous post, you were referring to Arex. :grin:

I know good beer.

well, of course. i have to be consistent, you know

Hey guys...I'm going to be offline in about 20 min. till Sunday afternoon...got a road trip ahead of me to upstate NY.

I'm going to PM my cell number to Chrisco, if whoever is/was/organizing...because I really don't want to step on anyone's toes here...if that person wants to give me a shout to discuss, by all means, please do.

Chrisco has my cell, so just PM him and ask him to shoot it over.

I'm on the road for 6 or 7 hrs. tonight and Sunday afternoon coming home, and have time to talk about this.

Like I said...wife is A OKAY with all this, so if the gen pop wants to do this, we can rock and roll.

I only regret that it's too late in the day to do a pig roast!

We just did one this past weekend, piggy picked up at 1 PM and cutting pork at 3PM.

Now THAT would be a blast!

I just don't know if piggy would stay warm till we got to my place at 6:30 PM that night.

oh well

Hey guys...I'm going to be offline in about 20 min. till Sunday afternoon...got a road trip ahead of me to upstate NY.

I'm going to PM my cell number to Chrisco, if whoever is/was/organizing...because I really don't want to step on anyone's toes here...if that person wants to give me a shout to discuss, by all means, please do.

Chrisco has my cell, so just PM him and ask him to shoot it over.

I'm on the road for 6 or 7 hrs. tonight and Sunday afternoon coming home, and have time to talk about this.

Like I said...wife is A OKAY with all this, so if the gen pop wants to do this, we can rock and roll.

I only regret that it's too late in the day to do a pig roast!

We just did one this past weekend, piggy picked up at 1 PM and cutting pork at 3PM.

Now THAT would be a blast!

I just don't know if piggy would stay warm till we got to my place at 6:30 PM that night.

oh well

crab cracking?

(shrug)

crab cracking?

(shrug)

Then handle everyone's gems they picked up that day! :cloud9:

Crabs have been pretty expensive (and not that great) the past few years. Plus, alot of cleanup involved. Would be easier to get a catered BBQ (and cheaper).