• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another frustrating auction

30 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180150765855&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=008

Another one of those auctions where the comic is from the collection of a dead relative and "I dont know anything about comics" is mentioned.

Why is it these guys who dont know anything about comics know the exact value of their item and reserve price it accordingly?

Artboy99

All you do is ask me if you want to join and say the pledge.

does the pledge involve ginormous images in one's signature?

hm

hm ... I hate ebay scammers. That's why I joined "Scam Busters On The 'Bay" you can join if you want.

This guy isn't a scammer.

He just doesn't know how to host his own scans with photobucket.

From what I can see GVG(3.0) seems about right.

All you do is ask me if you want to join and say the pledge.

does the pledge involve ginormous images in one's signature?

hm

Happy now?!?

1111 posts...

lol

you're a good kid. (thumbs u

hm ... I hate ebay scammers. That's why I joined "Scam Busters On The 'Bay" you can join if you want.

Agreed, he's not a scammer. He obviously owns the book with all those pictures, and I think he does a good job of describing the comic. The annoying thing is he put a reserve on it that is somewhere around the value of the book (at least), so you couldn't get a good price on it! That is frustrating...been through that a few times--bidding on an item, only to find out that the reserve is above what you should reasonably pay.

Agreed, he's not a scammer. He obviously owns the book with all those pictures, and I think he does a good job of describing the comic. The annoying thing is he put a reserve on it that is somewhere around the value of the book (at least), so you couldn't get a good price on it! That is frustrating...been through that a few times--bidding on an item, only to find out that the reserve is above what you should reasonably pay.

EXACTLY!

Assuming the book is a 3.0 ( again, the pictures are ok, but in no way will I ever be able to detect color touch, or any other form of resto ) it is already bid to what 3.0's have been going for and it still has not met the reserve. Dont know anything about comics you say...

Artboy99

EXACTLY!

Assuming the book is a 3.0 ( again, the pictures are ok, but in no way will I ever be able to detect color touch, or any other form of resto ) it is already bid to what 3.0's have been going for and it still has not met the reserve. Dont know anything about comics you say...

Artboy99

How can you tell what reserve is? It is obviously higher than the $1280 bid, but how much higher. $20? $20,000? It will be curious to see if he is just fishing for value with a reserve that can't be met.

Well she as much said she talked to a "comic guy" and decided to test the waters herself (which probably means she wants way over guide for it) And she obviously knows Ebay, but not comics based on how she shot the book.

I sure would ask to see some better photos before bidding though because the lower spine area of the interior bc just looks weird.

Hard to really tell though based on the photos supplied.

Ze-

EXACTLY!

Artboy99

How can you tell what reserve is? It is obviously higher than the $1280 bid, but how much higher. $20? $20,000? It will be curious to see if he is just fishing for value with a reserve that can't be met.

Since the seller mentions comicspriceguide.com, we could get a good idea what the reserve is...G/VG is $1800 on that site.