• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone have a Ditko Signature?

12 posts in this topic

DO NOT CALL MASTER DITKO A RECLUSE! lol

I tried recently to get an item signed by him to no avail. I wrote to some folks he works with and used the term reclusive which drew some ire.

I do have a cover signed by him, it's from Charlton's Statik. It looks almost like a proof, as it's untrimmed, I don't recall if the interior is on the reverse though.

He's a very different man. I respect that, but am also confused by it. He could make a fortune doing an occassional Spidey sketch, but chooses not to. I wrote to him when he was working for Defiant and asked him to sign my Spidey Marvel Masterworks. He hand wrote a one page letter explaining that he didn't have the time.

(shrug)

DO NOT CALL MASTER DITKO A RECLUSE! lol

I tried recently to get an item signed by him to no avail. I wrote to some folks he works with and used the term reclusive which drew some ire.

I do have a cover signed by him, it's from Charlton's Statik. It looks almost like a proof, as it's untrimmed, I don't recall if the interior is on the reverse though.

He's a very different man. I respect that, but am also confused by it. He could make a fortune doing an occassional Spidey sketch, but chooses not to. I wrote to him when he was working for Defiant and asked him to sign my Spidey Marvel Masterworks. He hand wrote a one page letter explaining that he didn't have the time.

(shrug)

He could make a fortune doing a couple of cons a year. Even with the current climate, I still have my stack of Ditko "to be SS'd" comics waiting for him to come out of self-imposed exile. :wishluck:

I don't think Mr. Ditko will ever do another convention. The last con he even attended was in the 1970's. As for a private signing I don't think that will ever even happen.

Kris, you're harshing my buzz!

I will make a statement that might give you some. Hope. For the few who have sent Mr. Ditko letters. He has ocasionally sent back hand written letters with a signature at the bottom of the letter. But that will be the only way you will ever get a Steve Ditko signature. I don't think ditko will ever sign another comic book again.

Honetly- I think it's cool that he took the time to write a letter back. lol Besides, it still counts as a sig!-)

Only if you count the envelope and the letter. He wrote "Ditko" on the return address and "Steve" on the letter! lol

I will make a statement that might give you some. Hope. For the few who have sent Mr. Ditko letters. He has ocasionally sent back hand written letters with a signature at the bottom of the letter. But that will be the only way you will ever get a Steve Ditko signature. I don't think ditko will ever sign another comic book again.

Hmm wonder if CGC will grade cut sigs pasted on comics? The card side of them grades them hm

Honetly- I think it's cool that he took the time to write a letter back. lol Besides, it still counts as a sig!-)

Only if you count the envelope and the letter. He wrote "Ditko" on the return address and "Steve" on the letter! lol

Steve counts as a signature. Some creators only sign there first or last name.