• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need Advice: Is Labor Day Sunday a Good Day for Comic Auctions on Ebay ?

24 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I was wondering if the experienced sellers - especially Ebay sellers - can tell me about the market for comic books on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend.

unsure.gif Is it a good day or terrible day to have auctions ending as a seller? unsure.gif

These days, when selling SA CGC books, I always list on one Sunday with the intention of having the auction close on the following Sunday. Like the VCC, Prime Time seems to be about 7 PM - 10 PM on the East Coast. I know that this is a pretty standard practice of many regular sellers.

At this time, I have a pretty good stack of books that I would like to sell. The selling prices should be in the $40 - $250 range.

Next weekend is Labor Day weekend here in the USA and I'm torn. It all comes down to getting as many potential buyers to see auctions as possible. Does anyone know if Ebay traffic is higher or lower on holiday weekends? Do serious comic book collectors go out-of-town on Labor Day weekend or do they sit and trade books on the internet?

I appreciate any advice / experience that people can share.

CG

everyone is out of town, great day for deals

Yeah.

Holiday weekends are bad for selling.

So, I bent myself over by scheduling auctions this week? :blush:

Great day for buyers, bad day for sellers.
:(

I just went into eBay to give you some sympathy bids, but no books...., :shrug: :sorry:

I just went into eBay to give you some sympathy bids, but no books...., :shrug: :sorry:

Starts at 4:45 PDT

"sympathy bids" I've never heard exactly that term before..... lol

I was thinking about starting some listings tomorrow that would end Sunday, September 2...

Based on the advice I'm getting here, I'm leaning towards starting the listings on Sept 2 and having them end on Sept 9....

I'll be there. My shill will be there too, in case you have me blocked :devil:

"sympathy bids" I've never heard exactly that term before..... lol

I was thinking about starting some listings tomorrow that would end Sunday, September 2...

Based on the advice I'm getting here, I'm leaning towards starting the listings on Sept 2 and having them end on Sept 9....

No, no..., if it's good stuff, stay the course :devil:

It's stinky Marvels week so maybe you'll actually want something.

poop.gif Marvels....,

:cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

poop.gif Marvels....,

:cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

:headbang:

I am listing tonight. If everyone else wants to avoid selling based on the notion that everyone is out of town and no one uses a bidding service...fine with me lol

If anyone is that worried about selling, just offer Canadian shipping? They aren't on holiday...well everyone except for Greggy...

I had a few auctions that ended on the 4th of July earlier in the year and they sucked. I didn't think about people being out late at night due to the fireworks and I would imagine that Labor Day would mean more of the same. I would wait a week as not everyone uses a bidding service.

I am listing tonight. If everyone else wants to avoid selling based on the notion that everyone is out of town and no one uses a bidding service...fine with me lol

What is your eBay handle? :think: