• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game: BRONZE AGE SURVIVOR SERIES- Round 13

Choose one Bronze Age book to depart.  

234 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one Bronze Age book to depart.

38 posts in this topic

Having already disproved the fallacy of TEC 395 "doing away with the 60's TV Batman" and the fact that TEC 393 and 394 are probably more important (but not drawn by Adams) I feel the vastly overrated Detective Comics 395 has overstayed its welcome.

hm

Detective 395 First Adams art on one of the main Bat-titles. But not the first time to draw the character. Cemented the Batman bronze age treatment as the creature-of-the-night (thanks in large part though not wholly to Adams artwork; O'Neil's supernatural elements in this story also played a part)

Daredevil 158 First Miller art on Daredevil. But not the first time to draw the character. The new direction for Daredevil only really got cemented IMHO once Miller took over scripting with 168.

hm

Detective 395 First Adams art on one of the main Bat-titles. But not the first time to draw the character. Cemented the Batman bronze age treatment as the creature-of-the-night (thanks in large part though not wholly to Adams artwork; O'Neil's supernatural elements in this story also played a part)

Daredevil 158 First Miller art on Daredevil. But not the first time to draw the character. The new direction for Daredevil only really got cemented IMHO once Miller took over scripting with 168.

Same for me.

hm

Same for me.

still, i'd argue that the 158 is the more iconic book in collecting circles.

how in the world the Tec has managed to hang on this long mystifies me. the fact that people would vote for Cerebus 1 - how many other independent books are on this list? that alone should give some clue as to the importance of this book - just fills me with a sense of disappointment

the fact that people would vote for Cerebus 1 - how many other independent books are on this list? that alone should give some clue as to the importance of this book - just fills me with a sense of disappointment

It'll be a bummer if Cerebus doesn't make it past this round. It's easily a Top 10 book, and probably Top 5. Unfortunately, I doubt it will make it into the latter rounds.

I think HFH1, DD 158, IM 55 should be one of the ones to go next None of them really stand out thanos is pretty much a lame villian anymore, Miller on DD (yawn) HFH Ok so he's African American, After these ASM 121, X-men 101, Cerebus 1. TEC 395 should drop off the list after these.

I think HFH1, DD 158, IM 55 should be one of the ones to go next None of them really stand out thanos is pretty much a lame villian anymore, Miller on DD (yawn) HFH Ok so he's African American, After these ASM 121, X-men 101, Cerebus 1. TEC 395 should drop off the list after these.

You see that FF 18 for sale in the marketplace? :baiting:

You see that FF 18 for sale in the marketplace? :baiting:

Yeah I got busted for using the internet at work during my lunch no less so I am buying a PDA w/ wi-fi in order to get around it, so my money is tied up at the moment.

So, in your opinion, TEC 395 should leave the list AFTER all those books? lol

ESPECIALLY Iron Man 55.

I was laughing more at your bizarre assertion that TEC 395 was staying on the list longer than ASM 121. Hilarious. lol