• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM x-men #50

41 posts in this topic

I dont think the amount paid is the issue with L :gossip:

You are correct It's not amount it's only a 100 bucks. The problem is I asked for a BC scan and because I trusted a boardie on his word that the foxing was minor and "would not even show up in the scan" I binned what was advertised as a 9.2.

Now is it in your opionion a 9.2 minimum?

i think it's at maximum a f/vf.

it's got some sort of weird dust or sun shadowing thing going on all down the right side of the back and that staining is not even close to foxing.

foxing is mold growth. i ain't never seen mold that grows in the manner i'm seeing on the left hand side of the back. it's got really faint tide lines, which implies moisture to me.

(shrug)

and there's a small, round stain in the center bottom of the coupon on the BC. about 70% as large as a dime, by the looks of it. if i knew the first thing about cleaning, i might even say it looks as though the back cover was cleaned at some point, but i don't know, and so can only surmise based on what i'm seeing.

but structurally, it's a 9.2.

Hey gang, I'm the seller of that book. On my scanner, I scanned the back cover and the scans did not show the back cover foxing well hence my response to Lawrence. I'm not a whiz at scans so maybe there is some compensating for this (I also have a POS scanner ever since my HP broke). I had offered this book to several dealers in the US (who CGC their books) last year and was shopping around a bit and I never got offered less than $100 for the book. Hence my asking price. I also know that overstreet allows a small amount of foxing in 9.2. This book is stunning structurally (looks like a 9.6 to me as far as structure) and I don't remember a stain on the back cover. Lawrence, if you're not happy I'd be happy to take the book back. I'd like to think that most of the people that know me here and in real life consider me straight up.

Roy.

Sal, the book is unrestored as far as I know. There is some ink transfer going on with the covers which is common on SA marvels and is seen on many CGC NM books.

Had the book been cleaned this transfer would not be there. (thumbs u

R.

This is the thing it was called "foxing" by the seller. I only saw the front cover scan and asked for a back cover scan but was told the foxing would not show up and was very minor.

I'm looking for opinions if you all think this is a 9.2 minimum.

Lawrence there is an ink transfer stain on the back cover. I think this is what everyone is talking about. The foxing is the tiny brown dots (along the top edge of the back cover if i remember correctly). Do these show up in the scans?

R.

BTW, I can't see your scans here at work but if you want to email them to me that'd be great.

R.

Howdy... Here's the area folks were mentioning, as an attachment so you can hopefully see it:

42966-crop.jpg.7ded6a9da24d58e6d8b5aaed4093ba3f.jpg

doh! That explains it - case closed . . . talk about back-pedalling :gossip:

I'm afraid you'll have to explain the term "back-pedalling" to me as i don't understand it.

:wishluck:

BTW, I can't see your scans here at work but if you want to email them to me that'd be great.

R.

Howdy... Here's the area folks were mentioning, as an attachment so you can hopefully see it:

That's the transfer stain I'm talking about.

R.

Roy's pretty good with his grading. I've bought a couple of books from him. I would call it around a 8.5 - 9.0 (only because it's the (urrrp) X-Men - (: )

Sal, the book is unrestored as far as I know. There is some ink transfer going on with the covers which is common on SA marvels and is seen on many CGC NM books.

Had the book been cleaned this transfer would not be there. (thumbs u

R.

makes sense. i apologise if you at all felt i was impugning your reputation

R.

That's the transfer stain I'm talking about.

R.

This is way you need a book "in hand"!

:frustrated:

Soil stain = 7.0

If it's a ink transfer stain from leaning agianst another book - 9.0

if you're not happy I'd be happy to take the book back. I'd like to think that most of the people that know me here and in real life consider me straight up.

Roy.

(worship)

This is great news. I've sent an email with an attachment of the book and my PP addy. If you can get me your mailing address I could get this in todays mail.

BTW I bear no malice or grudge against Roy and I don't think he tried to deceive me in any way.

if you're not happy I'd be happy to take the book back. I'd like to think that most of the people that know me here and in real life consider me straight up.

Roy.

(worship)

This is great news. I've sent an email with an attachment of the book and my PP addy. If you can get me your mailing address I could get this in todays mail.

BTW I bear no malice or grudge against Roy and I don't think he tried to deceive me in any way.

Paypal done. Thanks Lawrence. I'm probably going to get the book graded at some point and see what CGC says.

R.

Afraid to answer incase its someone from here :shy:

Nikos, always tell the truth regardless of the consequences.

(thumbs u

R.