• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM x-men #50

41 posts in this topic

Now that I can see the scans I see exactly what you guys are talking about.

Aces, I agree 100%. I didn't think twice about the transfer stain because on Marvels it is so common it does not bother me. It basically happens a lot to silver age Marvels because they used a poor quality ink with a hi oil content and over time the oil "leeches" out of the inner pages into the covers giving it that stained appearance. Very common. This also causes yellowing of front covers (my X men #3 CGC 9.0 had it, though the book was a 9.0 because of a large ncb crease and not the stain) and transparancy of covers (which is very common to hi grade CGC books (see Doug Schmell's X men #1 CGC 9.8). It's very easy to get a bad rap on these boards and tough to get a good one. Thanks for the positive words.

BTW, if you look at the top edge of the book about 1-2" from the left outer corner you can squint and see the foxing I was talking about. Tiny brown dots.

For what it's worth I had a dealer tell me "that book is right [ie. NM] there" as he held the book in hand and offered me full guide for it.

Anyhow thanks for not tarring and feathering me.

(worship)

Roy.