• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any of you use Comicbase software?

5 posts in this topic

Folks,

Just considering buying the Comicbase 8.0 software. Any users out there with recommendations? Bill Cole advertises the standard version for $99--any better deals out there? I'm looking for a user-friendly way to keep track of my collection. I would like to be able to input info about where the comics come from aong with a front scan as well.

Thanks!

Mike

grin.gif

The short answer has to do with what you want to do with the info, how many books you will trcak, what kind of comics, new or old, mainstream or esoteric, track the collection, or keep an investment record, whether you need creator credits and cover images or just pricing or grade data, etc etc etc .

I use 7.5. I bought it from Bill Cole. I've input over 8 thousand books. It's an okay program. Aman619 is right. It depends on what you want to do with the software.

While trying to quickly input my books, I accidently discovered a series of moves that caused the program to hang up, which required restarting the computer. I had a few discussions with the programmer, and he was like "well, you should probably avoid those series of moves." (followed by nervous laughter) Uhh, yeah. $100 for software should get ya a little closer to perfection. If it had been a more significant problem I would've sought my money back.

Good luck. cool.gif