• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GPAnalysis observation

28 posts in this topic

Another example of the positive impact CGC has had on the comic hobby and its community. Whether it is dealers, Overstreet or another organization involved in the hobby the CGC forums have provided semi-direct access to important players and/or figures that have a direct impact on the hobby.

It also goes to show that you never know who is lurking on the forums.

893applaud-thumb.gif For GPA

I've had a paid subscription since they started. This service is a must have

for any serious collector - I rely more on GPAnalysis than on Overstreet

already. Real friendly service and great support, too.

I have a paid subscription and love it. GPAnalysis has helped me quite a bit and I use it all the time. Keeps my expectations in line.

While I think that the Blazing One has a vested interest in outlining the potential issues with GPA, I was wondering if this short of price database may not have a settling effect on the market? Early on in the CGC madness, I stated that CGC prices were so insane, at least party due to the lack of a CGC Overstreet for byers to consult. No one knew what was paid for the last X issues, so some books went insane, while others were stolen.

If so, then I think this is a good thing, as it should lend some price validity and stability to some CGC Ultra-Keys, along with identifying those flash-in-the-pans that come and go with the movie openings.