• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another GL for the road. Please grade my Green Lantern #66!

Grade this puppy!  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Grade this puppy!

16 posts in this topic

Front looks super nice and glossy, but a few minor flaws on the back. The upper left corner of the BC has a small "hanging chad", as do the pages. (Is there a chance this is a printing/cutting flaw?) There's also a very subtle watermark at the bottom edge of the BC, just barely visible. Your grades & comments welcome. Thanks guys!

gl66.jpg

gl66back.jpg

I went for 7.0.

As far as the hanging chad, I assume that is a production byproduct. I have otherwise solid books that have it, or the corners missing from most or all of the pages. Can't see it being from anything other than a dull blade during trimming (or however comics are cut in production).

I'm sure someone out there knows!

Thanks!

So with only 17 votes cast, every grade from 5.5 (!) to 9.0 (!!) got chosen. Tough book to grade I guess!

Not really . . . :grin: 7.0 without water stain and rippling along REBC . . . consequently a very nice 6.5 :sumo:

I voted 7.0, but I think 7.5 is a strong possibility.

TTBOMK, the "hanging chad" or corner tag is from the cutting process and would be counted as a production flaw. When it goes into the internal pages, that signals to me that it was most likely the result of the original trimming process.