• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stop the insanity!

31 posts in this topic

Also boyz and girlz, if you inspect the books they look MUCH nicer than the assigned grades (and white pages on one of them). Well showing white pagers will always grab a premium over an inferior book in the smae grade, nes pas?

R.

The scans on the auction weren't large enough to see if they presented really well. Did you get larger scans from the seller?

Maybe they did present well, but the #3 didn't even have white pages. They were OW/W.

Also, if well showing white pagers always grab a premium, then I guess that means that none of the other 15 copies of #3 listed on GPA as sold in the last 5 years showed well or had white pages, since none of them sold for a premium.

Which one of these prices doesn't fit?

$169

$182

$310

$203

$227

$265

$250

$220

$173

$224

$261

$227

$275

$232

$382

$735

I would hazard a guess that at least one of those other 15 copies showed well and had white pages.

ummm.... is it the last one?

I was watching that avengers #9 & #11 also i let the #9 go and got sniped on the avengers #11,i guess i did`nt pay attention to the #2 & #3 but i agree the prices of the other books were fine.

The #2 and #3 i think were ebay weekend flukes,a couple people with money and and no price researching.

I wished I had taken more statistics in University. I"ll do my best. Of the six billion people in the world, only 18 actually wanted that comic book. I can't tell how many of them bid over say, $200, because I can't see how many are repeated bids. Because one of them got it, only 17 care about it now.

You can wait until another comes up and bid on it. Failing to land it, repeat process. Wait until the market shakes down and pick one up for far less. Get one in lower grade or ungraded that looks good to you. Buy a reprint for a buck or two-- you still get the story and art. Invest in something that has a higher potential for return or which is at least a safer investment. Get a paper route after school or pick up the wine bottles from the blue boxes on Tuesday night until you reach $700. That way you will think of it as "found money" and won't feel so bad about spending it (that's what I do). See a councillor (I will be at Paradise at 2:00 this afternoon for their fall sale and I work cheap) to discuss unhealthy fixations. Lie to people- my personal favourite it, "I would show you my copy of Action #1 but it is in my safety deposit box at the bank downtown".

(1) You can wait until another comes up and bid on it. Failing to land it, repeat process.

(2) Wait until the market shakes down and pick one up for far less.

(3) Get one in lower grade or ungraded that looks good to you.

(4) Buy a reprint for a buck or two-- you still get the story and art.

(5) Invest in something that has a higher potential for return or which is at least a safer investment.

(6) Get a paper route after school or pick up the wine bottles from the blue boxes on Tuesday night until you reach $700. That way you will think of it as "found money" and won't feel so bad about spending it (that's what I do).

(7) See a councillor (I will be at Paradise at 2:00 this afternoon for their fall sale and I work cheap) to discuss unhealthy fixations.

(8) Lie to people- my personal favourite it, "I would show you my copy of Action #1 but it is in my safety deposit box at the bank downtown".

:signfunny:

Options 1-2: No need. Already have a nice slabbed #3. It's only a 6.0, but it was also 15% of the cost of the Ebay 7.0.

Option 3: See Options 1-2.

Option 4: Done. The Masterworks books (even though the colouring in the early volumes sucks).

Option 5: I'm not buying them strictly for their ROI. For high ROI, I play online blackjack. :insane:

Option 6: Every day I leave a $20 bill in the back pocket of the pants I'm wearing. Then I find it a week or so later. Instant found money, and I avoid chiropractor bills from carrying around a paper bag on one shoulder.

Option 7: I have an unhealthy fixation with Naomi Watts. Can you help me with that? Before a restraining order is necessary?

Option 8: Also works as a pick-up line, if you substitute "my manhood" for "my copy of Action #1". When you get to the "safety deposit box" part, give a knowing wink and lightly tap your crotch.

Missed you at Paradise Comics. It would have been nice to talk about Naomi Watts. You weren't the 35ish mommy with the 9 year old boy who insisted she get a special discount were you?

Ha ha! Damn, you sussed out my secret identity.

I would have liked to have been there at 2 today, but couldn't swing it.

Next time...

Honestly, $200-$400 for those books sounds cheap to me. (Not that I would pay that much, but what I would pay is irrelevant.) For such a popular title, Avengers lags in the price department..UNTIL NOW!

Honestly, $200-$400 for those books sounds cheap to me. (Not that I would pay that much, but what I would pay is irrelevant.) For such a popular title, Avengers lags in the price department..UNTIL NOW!

Well at least this month anyways. Can I interest anyone in some JIM's? Anyone..? There were all the rage a couple of years ago... (shrug)