• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I never do this, but I need help - FF#48

50 posts in this topic

That crease is just too distracting for me to go higher than 4.0 - though if someone wanted to call it a 4.5, I wouldn't start a hanging party.

As for other VG books having more numerous defects - true enough, but if I saw a book that already looked like a VG without the crease, but had one like that in addition, I'd call it a 3.0 tops.

If a 2" back cover crease can knock an otherwise 9.6 down to an 8.5, then a book length front cover crease can certainly slam an otherwise 7.0 (or better) all the way down to 4.0. It's not the number of defects, but the nature of the flaws that hammer a book.

Narrow life experience = narrow world view = judgmental.

Hey, if NOT having left my wife and kid for a MARRIED woman I met online is a "narrow life experience", then count me in!!

:banana::banana:

You're just a closed-minded, witch-burning, judgemental neandrethal!

;)

It's a rather pronounced color-breaking full-length sub-crease to the front cover; otherwise, it's a nice looking copy. It's not a question of dropping 2 grades, it's a question of, "How high can I grade a book that has this defect?"

Answer: 4.5 :sumo: maybe, just maybe a 5.0. hm

I think the rationale should be, "Should it be allowed in a Fine range?"

Answer: No.

That crease is just too distracting for me to go higher than 4.0 - though if someone wanted to call it a 4.5, I wouldn't start a hanging party.

As for other VG books having more numerous defects - true enough, but if I saw a book that already looked like a VG without the crease, but had one like that in addition, I'd call it a 3.0 tops.

If a 2" back cover crease can knock an otherwise 9.6 down to an 8.5, then a book length front cover crease can certainly slam an otherwise 7.0 (or better) all the way down to 4.0. It's not the number of defects, but the nature of the flaws that hammer a book.

I agree. :hi:

This may be true on the whole, but I don't think it is relevant here in the least bit. Perhaps, "Ignorance is bliss" works for you . . . hm

This may be true on the whole, but I don't think it is relevant here in the least bit. Perhaps, "Ignorance is bliss" works for you . . . hm

it's either that or...well...actually, it kind of has to be that, doesn't it?