• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I never do this, but I need help - FF#48

50 posts in this topic

I need grading opinions on this FF#48. Really nice copy apart from the color breaking sub-crease. Not sure how hard CGC hammers for this (not that I'm sending it in), but I imagine it's a big blow. I don't konw what to grade this book out as. Thoughts? Thanks!

scan0005.jpg

scan0006.jpg

Tough one.

I'd probably call it a 4.5. (shrug)

Without the crease this looks to be a solid 6.5...maybe even 7.0. You think the crease would drop it 2 full grades?

That's the problem I'm having with the book. I agree with your assesment (6.5/7.0), but know the grade will drop due to the sub-crease. Just don't know by how much.

Tough one.

Without the crease this looks to be a solid 6.5...maybe even 7.0. You think the crease would drop it 2 full grades?

My thinking about the starting grade was the same. IMO, this would drop 2.0 given that it is a heavy, full length color break. I've seen CGC knock down 8.0 type books to 6.5 just for a sub BEND that doesn't break color.

I don't think there is necessarily a right answer. If I was selling a book like this, I'd call it a 6.5/7.0 with a subscription crease. Let the buyer decide. If I was keeping it for myself, I'd enter it as a 4.5.

Tough one.

With one big book length color breaking crease of any kind the best one can hope is a 5.0/5.5.

Sub-creases go through the whole book so 4.5 seems about right.

4.0. I'm of the school that most subscription books start at 4.0 and don't go far from there. This crease is a distinct one. Beautiful book, though!

Tough one.

My thinking about the starting grade was the same. IMO, this would drop 2.0 given that it is a heavy, full length color break. I've seen CGC knock down 8.0 type books to 6.5 just for a sub BEND that doesn't break color.

I don't think there is necessarily a right answer. If I was selling a book like this, I'd call it a 6.5/7.0 with a subscription crease. Let the buyer decide. If I was keeping it for myself, I'd enter it as a 4.5.

Thanks. I was thinking along similar lines. IMHO this is a book worth having color touch up done to to enhance it's appearance.

I think the book looks real nice. (thumbs u

i think it`s a 5.0/4.5,and i would put the scan over on the ask cgc board to find out how much they take away for sub creases.

Then post what they say back here to let us all in on it,if they answer. ;)

Tough one.

I agree with joeypost. Book would be a solid 7.0 if not for that subscription crease. Still a great looking book in the 4.5/5.0 range.

Tough one.

I agree with joeypost. Book would be a solid 7.0 if not for that subscription crease. Still a great looking book in the 4.5/5.0 range.

i agree with this assessment..............

4.0, but why would you send it CGC anyways? I only buy CGC to get a quality book, then I crack it open! :grin:

doh!

do you realize that you just dumped allover Chris' book?

That doesn't bother me. I would never send this one to CGC. I just wanted to get opinions on it.

I'm glad I did post it. There appears to be more to this one than meets the eye. I'm hoping to get some additional information/clarification in Baltimore.

Stay tuned.....