• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF 16 page on eBay!

10 posts in this topic

Having no idea about the Kirby OA market, is the BIN near FMV for that page?

Angelo

Hi Angelo! :hi:

(shrug) That's a tough question. To some people it might sound a little high at 11k+ -- and honestly when I first saw the auction I kind of thought that. Then I kept looking at the page and realizing that I am still thinking in 2004 prices lol

Then when I tally it up: it's large art and Ayers inks and is a transformation page -- which the seller clearly values a lot. It's a great character page too. So is the BIN FMV? I don't really know what FMV is for any OA page because they're all different. hm

I'm beginning to change my expectations of what's "reasonable" price-wise for Kirby art. Lately 8k to 10k appears to be the starting benchmark price for solid vintage Marvel Kirby twice-up art (solid meaning that it features the main characters on the page, good action, and/or both -- although both seems to push pages toward 10k or more!). So this would fit that description to me as it has a lot of cool stuff going on.

However, all that aside, I personally like the FF 20 page the seller has for sale more than this page, and it has a BIN of only $6k, which seems like a bargain in comparison! lol Seriously though, I'm surprised the BIN on that hasn't been pulled.

Now, is it just me, or does it seem to be an odd strategy to put 3 higher-end vintage Kirby FF pages on ebay the same week? Wouldn't you be better off spreading them out so you don't spread the bidding pool too thin? I wonder if the final bid prices of the two non-Sinnott pages will be affected by people going all out for that FF 51 page... hm hm

Personally I think the FF 16 page is dull and not worth anything like the bin.

Remember this page is from FF 16. You want Doom, maybe some Ant Man and the FF as well. Albert Moy had a great page from this book not long ago and I think it was $8K which makes this page lower imho.

Now the splash to this book, thats another story. Man that has be grail material.

Clem...

I just realized this is the page where Ben says "It's all right, Sue baby!" Which is great, except that he's talking to Alicia!

Oops!! :whatthe:

That's cool and weird and would be a nice thing to add when you show people this piece if you bought it.